... By the Candle Light

This might sound crazy ... but I often wonder who invented candles? ... you know? Who sat down and said
"I'm going to mould this lump of wax together, stick a wick in it and set fire to it !!"
Probably just me being silly but I do think about things like this as candles would've been invented decades before Thomas Edison invented the light bulb in 1879 as it was used as a source of light once daylight hours had gone... I don't know I'll add it to the iPhone "List of things to Google!" but whoever it was I have to thank them because as you've guessed this post is all about my recent candle purchases :)


Glade

5 Glade Candles - Dazzling Blossom, Velvet Tea Party, Relaxing Zen
Honey & Chocolate & Bali, Sandalwood & Jasmine
Dazzling Blossom
Glade Candle - Dazzling Blossom - Front
Glade Candle - Dazzling Blossom - Top
The first ones I brought were from Tesco. These are glade candles and they were half price when I brought them :) There were 8 different scents but I only brought 6. 2 were a limited edition and 4 were normal scents. The first one that caught my eye was the green 'Dazzling Blossom' one. The reason this one caught my eye was because of the umbrella and rose image on the front. I love how vintage and lady like that looked. I can smell flowers and a jasmine sort of smell but it smells lovely :) The designs of the pots are all the same in this range they all have a lovely wisp affect on the bottom and a chain of snowflakes going round a long the top. I've never really brought Glade candles before or took notice but I'm guessing it's a winter range candle, just by the design of the pot.


Warm Spice

Glade Candle - Warm Spice - Front
The second one was also a Glade Candle. This one isn't included in the big picture above because I'd already burnt it and used it :P yep I couldn't wait :D ... this scent is 'Warm Spice'. This isn't a limited edition candle but it reminded me so much of Autumn and I felt like this could be a little way of holding onto October with the scent, orange and browns; hence why I've already used it. Again with the design of the pot, it's the same as the one above except it's a lovely orange colour and the wisps at the bottom are slightly different. This reminded me more of a autumn scent yet it still has the snowflakes along the top of the pot so this also must be in the winter range but I'm not sure.

Relaxing Zen

Glade Candle - Relaxing Zen - Top
The next one also isn't a limited edition one this one is called 'Relaxing Zen' which has a lovely fruity/floral smell. It reminds me more of spring than it does winter but it still smells amazing :) The pot has changed from the others it doesn't have the strip along the top at all it just has the wisp affects all the way up but it's a lovely pink colour.




Glade Candle - Relaxing Zen - Front
To my surprise this candle is actually green which I suppose goes with the zen feel but when I opened the packaging and saw a greeny candle i was really shocked I was expecting a baby pink or a white one but no it looked like Shrek had literally come along and sneezed in a pot and then Glade brought it and sold it on....but that is another reason I liked this candle because it made me realise that we shouldn't judge a candle by how it looks ... something which I've done many times in the past. Just because a candle is a snotty green colour doesn't mean that it will smell disgusting ... actually it could end up being your favourite one from the range ;)


Velvet Tea Party


Glade Candle - Velvet Tea Party - Front

The next one I picked up goes very well with the dazzling blossom one. This is a limited edition one and it's called 'Velvet Tea Party'. Again what caught my eye was the image on the box of the tea pot and macaroons. I like macaroons in real life and I love tea so I knew this was going to be a good candle scent. You can smell the tea in this one but you can also smell like a fruity orange smell too which I loved. I thought the colours of the glass and candle itself would go really well with the winter season we have coming up too & I thought it matched my nail polish that's why my nails are in this picture hehe. Again, this pot has gone back to the winter range with the snowflakes along the top but I also noticed this one has snowflakes behind the wisps too :) 


Glade Candle - Velvet Tea Party - Top


 Bali, Sandalwood & Jasmine

The next one is back to the normal range as the pot doesn't have the snowflakes on this is a nice relaxing green colour and would match any coloured room to be honest. After seeing the relaxing zen one; that green colour was what I was expecting the candle to be but actually it's a nice creamy white colour which I loved. This is what the Glade website says about this candle:







"No matter how busy life gets, time curled up on the couch is always time well spent. Let this relaxing scent provide the perfect excuse to stay in and snuggle up in pampered bliss."

I couldn't agree more with those words. Honestly it just makes you want to stay in and dream haha. It reminds me of a flower field. You know where you're driving along looking out of the window in your own little world (not if you're the driver hopefully) and you pass these fields full of yellow flowers or white and purple ones and you'd love to stop and smell them but you're usually going at 60mph and can't. Well I present to you what I imagine these fields smelling like ... this candle.




Honey & Chocolate

Also in this collection I got the 'Honey & Chocolate'. I liked this one it smells like a dessert but with a sprinkle of honey over the top. Sort of like those melt in the middle cakes but instead of melted chocolate in the middle this candle makes is smell like there is honey in the middle but I loved how subtle it is with this yet you can still smell the chocolate (lets just be honest I'm a practising chocoholic and anything with chocolate in I'm going to like) so now not only can I eat chocolate to release my endorphins (yes that's the excuse I use & it works) I can now light a candle too .... I could even melt some chocolate over this candle and have melted chocolate with strawberries (so it looks like I'm being healthy) ... my night sorted !





Air Wick

Colour Changing Candle - Summer Delight

Air Wick
Colour Changing Candle -
Summer Delights - Front
The next one I brought from Tesco :) this is the Air Wick Colour changing candle. When you light this candle the holder changes colours. I thought this was a really good idea and I loved the design on the holder. The flowers at the bottom, the large tree at the side with a lone swing hanging off... ahh I just loved this holder. The scent is called 'Summer Delights' which reminded me of Angel Delight but it doesn't smell like that at all. It smells fruity but not too much, it's not overpowering and to actually smell it you have to use it. What I loved about this though was the pot changes colour when you burn the candle. I thought that was so magical and adds a nice feel to whatever room it's in. The Summer part does actually match the holder ever though the tree looks like an autumn tree to me... perhaps summer delight means that it's the last bit of summer you can hold onto before autumn comes ... maybe. 

Air Wick Colour Changing Candle - Summer Delights - Top

Wickford & Co.

Apple & Cinnamon


Wickford &Co. Candle -
Apple & Cinnamon - Front
 The next candle is from the company Wickford and Co. They have just released their Seasonal range so I picked a few up :) hehe this first one is a lovely red colour and the scent is 'Apple & Cinnamon' which smells lovely :) you can smell more of the Cinnamon then you can apple but it still smells nice plus it goes really well this time of year with autumn closing and winter approaching fast. The red colour goes really well too, I picked the bigger size of this one as I liked it a lot. 


Wickford &Co. Candle -
Apple & Cinnamon - Top

Strawberry Skittles
Wickford & Co. - Strawberry Skittles
The next candle is also from Wickford and Co. I included this scent in one of my Monthly Favourite videos on YouTube. Not entirely sure which month is was but I liked it that much I decided to have another one. It's a skittles scented candle (skittles are sweets here in the UK not the game where you knock pins over... just in case people didn't know that :P ) The one I picked up is the strawberry scented one :) hehe you could get different colours and scents in this range but they were all the same size. You could get a green one, an orange one and a blue one but I smelt them all and I felt the strawberry one was the best smelling  one. 

Christmas Spice
Wickford & Co. Candle - Christmas Spice
Wickford & Co. Candle - Christmas Spice
Okay back to the seasonal scents the next one I picked up is 'Christmas Spice'. This is in a lovely green colour and I thought these candles go very well with the season and also the scent does too :) This one smells similar to the Glade Warm Spice one in my opinion and even though it has Christmas in the name I would still burn this scent at autumn... it's only the colour that gives the impression that it's a Christmas scent but I would still burn this in October because it's a spicy smell that reminds me more of hay bales and pumpkins than it does snow and trees. Just my opinion though :) hehe but either way I picked this one up too :) 




Mulled Wine
Wickford & Co. Candle - Mulled Wine
The next one is my favourite from Wickford and Co this year and this one is called 'Mulled Wine' and it's in a lovely burgundy red colour which I thought went extremely well with the name. This smells so good .... I wish Google would let you leave scent imprints that radiates through computer/TV/Apple Device/Phone screen because I really wish you guys could smell this right now. I loved it that much that I brought the full candle and a pack of tea lights too. I loved the colour as well. I mean Purple, Golds and Deep reds have always been my favourite colours since I was about 12 and first discovered what a lipstick is ... just kidding but they have been my favourite colours since that age and when it comes to this time of year it seems every thing is in gold and red and I flippin' love it !!
Wickford & Co. Candle + Tea Lights
 - Mulled Wine


Wickford & Co. Candle + Tea Lights
 - Mulled Wine




Yankee
Votive Candles


Small Yankee Candles - Front
Small Yankee Candles - Tops


Last but not least we have Yankee candles ... the MOTHER of all candle company's. 



Champaca Blossom & Christmas Garland





Small Yankee Candles 
(Champaca Blossom & Christmas Garland)


I brought four little small sized candles which were all reduced. The first two are 'Champaca Blossom' and 'Christmas Garland'. Starting with Champaca Blossom this is my all time favourite scent from Yankee (next to pink sands) I absolutely love this scent. If they bottled this and sold it as perfume I would wear it !! (Yankee .... that was my idea, no stealing ;) ) Its a lovely mixture of floral and fruity and fills the whole room after about 10 minutes of being lit. The colour of this candle is a nice light pink too which matches any room. The next one was Christmas Garland now this is only sold at Christmas time from Yankee (I think) but I brought it and It's okay I wont say I don't like it ... but it's not my favourite it smells like a tree ! the house smells like a forest which isn't really the best smell as such but all I remember is at least it does smell and isn't one of those scented ones you can't smell once lit, and forest isn't a bad fragrance. The colour of the candle is very seasonal which I liked.

Bay Leaf Wreath & Honey & Spice


Small Yankee Candles
 (Bay Leaf Wreath & Honey & Spice)
The last two were 'Bay Leaf Wreath' and 'Honey & Spice'. The Bay Leaf Wreath smells similar to the Christmas Garland one except I can smell an orange in this one which makes it smell slightly better :) The green of this candle is a little lighter too, not sure if you can see that in the pictures but the Christmas Garland is a deeper green than this one. The other one I had was Honey & Spice, this one made me think of autumn like how the Warm Spice from Glade did. This one smells like Cinnamon again but I can also smell a little bit of cocoa in there too which makes a nice little autumnal scent. All these votive candles are £1.80 from the Yankee Website.

Melts

I then also picked up 6 candle melts now these don't have a wick. You have to get a dish and put a separate candle underneath and it melts the candle you put on the dish hence why they care called candle melts. Some dishes you don't need a separate candle underneath as they are run by electricity and the dish heats up itself. These are a lot safer as there is no fire involved... please be careful with candles especially this time of year with a lot of trees in the house and paper flying everywhere. If you don't feel safe or you just easily forget (like myself) then I highly recommend getting these candle melts rather than actual candles. They are exactly the same except there is no wick and they are safer. 

Yankee Candle - Wax Melts 
French Lavender & Silver Birch
Yankee Candle
Wax Melts 
(French Lavender & Silver Birch)
I got 6 of these. The first two are 'French Lavender' and 'Silver Birch'. French Lavender is self explanatory really it smells like lavender and the beauty about these is because they don't need naked flame (if you have the electric run one) so you can have it melting whilst you have a little nap in the afternoon. I wouldn't recommend having this on all night though, whilst your sleeping. It would probably be fine but you never know. It's a lovely purple colour too which adds to the look of the melt and the overall feel of it as it's melting. The second one I brought is called Silver Birch, this is my least favourite in the ones I brought it's a very dry smell mixed with a hint of tree trunk, I know that sounds ridiculous but that's just what I smelt. It's a nice glittery silver colour though which looks good as your melting it. 



Honey & Spice & Pink Sands
Yankee Candle
Wax Melts 
(Honey & Spice & Pink Sands)


The second two are 'Honey & Spice' and 'Pink Sands'. I already have a honey & spice one above but this is just the melt version of it. The Pink Sands scent is my second favourite in this range after Champaca Blossom. I like this one because it smells like vanilla and I find that anything that has vanilla scent in it smells nice (as long as it's not too much) it has a mixture of that with a floral scent too which makes it smell slightly exotic which I loved. When this is being burnt I close my eyes and imagine I'm on a lonely island with no responsibilities which is a dream :) until I open my eyes and realise I've had a cheeky two hour nap and got nothing done ... whoops :P 

Icicles & Beach Wood


Yankee Candle
Wax Melts
(Icicles & Beach Wood)

The last two are 'Icicles' and 'Beach Wood'. Icicles is a definite winter scent. I imagine opening the new year with this scent (would be even better if we actually got some snow fall this year) it smells like cinnamon sort of but it has a nice fresh smell too. I could imagine having a blizzard of snow coming down out the window, it's a nice fresh morning, no going out because the weathers too bad... having the fire on and a hot chocolate, in pyjamas with about 20 of these candles going :) and a nice winter film on ...yep perfect ! Plus look at the cute little robin on the sticker :) he's so small and lovely :) The next one which is called beach wood is the total opposite of this. It reminds me a lot of the silver birch but more homely. It smells of trees and wood with an undertone smell but I can't really make out what it is. I prefer the colour of this melt as it's a nice warm beige colour which is very welcoming :) 



That's it for my candles. I did buy a few more but they were from Primark so I'm going to include them in the Primark Haul Post which will be up soon :) 




Thank you for reading :) 





Comments