Footprints on the Heart ?

There's a quote floating around the Internet which I've known for a very long time and it goes something like this
" People will walk in and out of your life but only a few leave footprints on your heart"
... or something like that, it's not word for word but the message is the same

Now someone literally leaving footprints on your heart would
 1. be impossible 
2. be extremely painful 
But I never truly understood the full meaning of this quote until the other month. I knew that people will walk in your life and walk out of your life ... trust me ... if anyone knows that on this planet; it's me. I have had a lot of people walk out on me for no apparent reason. I no longer have contact with any of my school mates, any of my college mates or any of my childhood 'friends'. The only people I have for support in my life is my family ... well half of it. I am grateful for them I really am ... but as for this quote; If someone has left footprints somewhere it's still somewhere they've been, not currently are. I only realised that the other month that the people who have left the footprints have already left and you just hadn't realised. 

It's so weird because usually when someone leaves your life it's because you had an argument over Facebook, or they stole your boyfriend or other valid things like that but whenever I have had someone leave my life it's been for no reason, they've just gone. 

I was reminiscing (with the year coming to a close it's what I do) and I remembered the last time I saw some people and I had such a good day; they were people I could truly be myself around and we even said that we should meet up again. That was about a year and a half ago... but when I was travelling home on the train that day I didn't know at that particular point in time that, that day was the last time I would ever see those people again !?! That was the last day I spent with them and yet when we all said our goodbyes at the train station I was completely unaware that I would never see or speak to these people again. 

I don't want you to think that I'm asking for sympathy because I'm not but I just find it crazy how people leave peoples lives for no reason? It's sort of like you grow out of certain people like you would not liking sprouts or your favourite pair of shoes. I just find it crazy to think about.

I'm not exactly sure why I started writing this now ... or where I was going with it but I suppose I just wanted you to know that if you've lost someone in your life because they've walked out on you ... plenty of people have been through it too. From my experience they will always be a memory but the hurt is temporary and eventually everyone who doesn't have your best interests at heart will fall away... which may sound bad but do you really want people who don't, to be in your life.



....Logging Out for 2015

Comments