... Make Sure It Makes You Happy :)

So one of the main questions that bloggers or YouTubers get asked is 
"So... why did you start your channel"
"What made you start a blog"

Some people have valid reasons for starting them, such as they wanted to share their knowledge with the world or they wanted to help people... but still...why a blog? Why a YouTube Channel?



This is a poster that has been put up in my university. It's on the main wall by reception and it's impossible not to see as you walk in. I've been walking past this poster multiple times a week for two years and it really got me thinking as I went back to uni yesterday.

Everyone makes mistakes, everyone makes wrong decisions that at the time of making seemed to be the right path. That's just how life is. We grow everyday and learn from things whether it be a past experience of our own or an experience of someone else we know; but these things all add up to the person we are today. Sometimes a decision we make isn't the right one in the long run ... or sometimes we can end up being hurt in the end, but at the time of making the decision it feels so right!

Have you ever felt like that?

Sometimes you can dwell on these past mistakes too much and they start to consume your mind, until you realise that all you ever think about is the mistakes you've made and how much of a failure you are. Trust me I've been there and sometimes I still pop there to visit ... I'm like the female Charlie Brown. Writing was the only way I could get these thoughts out. I use to write loads and loads of notes on my iPhone full of things to think about or something that popped into my head or creative ideas that I wanted to achieve ... and shopping lists ... yehh there's always a shopping list. I still do that to this day but when I was at university last week I passed this poster and it clicked with me that perhaps the path I was walking isn't the one that's going to make me happy in the end... and that's okay; because in the end happiness is all you could ever ask for... right?


Comments