Rimmel London Makeup Purchases

I've used Rimmel London for years... and by years I mean ... years (well about 8 or 9 years to be exact) after number 17 makeup it was the second ever brand I actually tried (unless Barry M Nail Polish counts ... then 3rd Brand). A little 13-year-old Sacha buying Rimmel London products for the first time just so she could cover her spots in hopes to fit in with friends ... awe :') ... well not a lot has changed as today I thought I would show you my Rimmel London purchases :P

Some of these I have used for years and they are just repurchases and others are things I am trying for the first time :)  All of the following products are from Rimmel London. 

Lasting Finish Foundation
When I was about 13 foundation was a necessity, still is ... I cannot go out without at least my foundation on. Just popping down the road or answering the door I'm not really bothered or just going for my run I go makeupless ... is that a word? Makeup-less ? hum ... you know what I mean anyway; but if I'm going somewhere like the cinemas or shopping I have to have my foundation on. This is because of the amount of red blotchy patches I have had since I was 13 and they needed covering. I was in high school ... they NEEDED covering. Rimmel was the saviour I have used their foundation since then and still do now... along with others now though but back then it was purely Rimmel and no one else. Nowadays in the Rimmel Range, I always get this foundation in Shade '10' which is called 'Light Porcelain'.


Wake me Up Concealer
This is an old purchase that I have now repurchased. To be honest, I usually have the Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection concealer as I feel you get more for your money but they didn't have my shade so I had to go to my second favourite which was this one. It has a nice shimmer to it which helps to illuminate any part of the face that you want bringing out. I love this for the under eye bags as I find it does wonders for that area. I used to use this all the time when I was in school, it was my go-to concealer and it still is number two :) this is shade '040' which is called 'Soft Beige'.

Stay Matte Pressed Powder
Ladies and Gentlemen may I present to you the first and only pressed powder I have ever had or tried!! ... Yes, you read right this is the first and only pressed powder I have ever had .. ever! I kid you not this is the only one I have for everyday looks... I had a little cheap one from a shop but it was so dark that I used it once and then hid it away in my drawer and I think it's still there now... ahh the memories. The shade I have is '003' which is called 'Peach Glow' ... yep this was the first one I had and I still use this brand and shade now :P


Exaggerate Undercover Shadow Primer
This is a new purchase. I have never bothered with primer before as I've never usually got time to apply primer as well as my moisturiser before my makeup application (I'm usually running late) but I thought perhaps I should try because I do get spots and by this I mean every day there is a spot somewhere on my face and even when that one goes another will show up somewhere else there isn't one day where I have completely clear skin which is a shame ... really; but the other day I thought perhaps it's because I'm not doing enough for my skin ... perhaps I have to do more than drink water and moisturise so I'm going to try this eye primer first and then if I'm happy with it buy the full face primers.

Magnifeyes Eyeshadow
This was the last one in the stand (sorry to anyone who came after me to buy this) but I could totally see why. It is such a lovely colour and if you layered this you would have the best gold lids in the room. I tried this the other day and it was so easy to apply as well because I don't know whether it is just me but I find some eyeshadows to break up as you used them and then leave all powdery bits underneath your eye but this one doesn't seem to do that which I loved. You can get these eyeshadows in all different shades and after using this one I think I am going to purchase some more but this particular colour is shade '001' which is called 'Gold Record' and I love this shade so much.





Scandaleyes Eyeshadow Crayon
To go along with the eyeshadow I wanted something for the cut crease that goes so I decided to buy this as well which is an eyeshadow crayon. I'm not really a fan of these as I don't feel you can focus on a particular area as much with a bulky crayon as you can with a thin cut crease brush but I tried and it sorta worked although in the future I will just apply some to a brush and use it or I will just use this for my actual main part of the lid rather than the crease. Again you can get these in all sorts of shades but I went for shade '003' which is called 'Bad Girl Bronze' and is a really nice brown colour which looks so nice when going for that gold or brown look.


Exaggerate Liquid Liner
Liquid eyeliner... the amount of eyeliners I have got through is unreal... from pencil to liquid to gel to liquid honestly I cannot make a decision. This eyeliner I brought is shade '001' which is just 'Black'. I'm so glad I got out the pencil stage though as when I was about 14 and first started to use eyeliner (which again was Rimmel) I used to use pencil eyeliner to try and do a cat eye which never worked ... but then I started to get liquid eyeliner which worked a charm and I've used liquid ever since for all my cat eyes and sometimes for under eye eyeliner I absolutely love it and still do. I have tried gel but I can't really tell much difference between gel and liquid except gel is tackier and you have to wash your brushes more (which means more work and brings up red flags and alarm bells in my head)


Brow This Way Brow Sculpting Kit

Brows ... the other awkward thing just underneath eyeliner on the annoyance scale. Yes I struggle so much with my eyebrows and trying to match them up this is partly because I don't pluck them right and I refuse to go and have them professionally done because 'they'll be fine with a bit of makeup' until it comes to applying the makeup where I say 'they just need plucking' it's a constant internal battle that has been going on for years. However, Rimmel again answering the phone and bringing out their brow this way brow sculpting kit ... love it! love this product! It comes with a wax that you use to shape your eyebrows so none of the hairs stick out the wrong way or anything and then it has the main powder colour which mine is in the shade '002' which is 'Medium Brown'. This is the actual colour that you fill your brows with after using the wax. It also comes with two small brushes; an eyebrow brush to comb your brows the right way and an angled brush to fill in your brows.













Sun Shimmer Bronzing Powder
This is something that I have also used for a number of years. This bronzing kit was the second one I ever had and I still buy it now as I loved it that much. I first used this a few winters ago as I had just been to the Mediterranean and I came home with a lovely golden tan which I loved ( I even had to switch foundation shades for a couple months ... I know *smirks*) but then it eventually went after a couple months as I'm sure you already know by now ... Britain doesn't see the sun.  I brought this to try and bronze myself up again (it didn't go very successfully) but I found a nice bronzer to use in the meantime; I buy the shade 'Light Matte' and I've brought this ever since.


Soft Khol Eye Pencil
(See Liquid Eyeliner for reference) This was the pencil eyeliner that I used to buy when I was 14 and try to do cat eyes with. I still buy this now as it is very good and lasts a long time but now I only use it for my waterline rather than struggling to do a flick at the end of my eye. This is in shade '061' which is called 'Jet Black' (that used to be my cat's name too ... little unnecessary fact there)


Exaggerate Waterproof Eye Definer
The other eye pencil that I bought is this nice pink one. I bought this when I had the Pink Lip Liner to match (see two below) I don't really use this that often as my go-to eyeliner colour is black or brown. Pink rarely gets used but I did a dress up thing at school and that's when I first brought this. The reason this caught my eye was the fact that is was waterproof, I went through a phase where I was obsessed with waterproof beauty items because it meant when I walked to school in the pouring rain my makeup didn't run which was great. Fortunately, I don't have that problem anymore as now I can drive so this little product went to the bottom of eyeliner drawer but it is a good product and I love the little foam smudge you get at the end which helps you smudge your eyeliner to give it that smokey look.

Wonderfull Wake Me Up Mascara
New purchase. I was in need of a new mascara as the one I used is nearly gone and the other one I have is clumpy so it stays at the bottom of my makeup bag for emergencies. Rimmel do some really nice mascaras but I don;t think that will ever top this one. This is the best Rimmel Mascara I have ever tried the wand is sleek and not too large, the lashes are big but not clumpy. I absolutely love it although I did get the normal one as they also do one in the shade 'Extreme Black' which I did consider buying but I didn't as I felt it would be a clumpy mascara so I just stuck with the normal one which is just '000 Black'. The extreme black one is in a completely separate pot to this one.


Exaggerate Lip Liner
The only reason I brought this lip liner is because I was after a pink lip liner for an LMFAO dress up day at school. I needed a pink lip liner for this look and this was the one it's in the shade '005' which is called 'Pure'. What I liked about these is they are retractable lip pencils so you can twist them up or down like you can a lipstick. I will buy more of these in different shades in the future.


Moisture Renew Lipstick
My most favourite lipstick from Rimmel London is this one and it's in the shade '510' which is called 'Mayfair Red Lady' it's an absolutely gorgeous red that really pops out. It applies so easy that you don't need to layer as the colour applies so easily and it really is a nice finish to any makeup look. 













Volume Booster Lip Plumping Gloss
The last thing that I brought is this lip gloss is shade '080' which is 'Clear'. I don't usually wear this when I've used a lipstick but it's nice to put in a bag and carry around to apply when your lips feel dry. I didn't really notice any difference in my lip size when I wear it as it's supposed to be a lip plumping gloss but I brought it because I wanted a clear gloss. 

That's it for my Rimmel London purchases :) I did a one brand makeup look over on my YouTube Channel using everything that I mentioned in this blog post, if you want to check that out too I'll leave the video below. 



Thank-you for reading all my social medias are down below & I will see you in the next blog post. 





Comments