I've Graduated

Yesterday a new chapter of my life began.

I officially graduated from University and I can't believe it's finally here. I remember applying for university back in December 2013, it was before any of this I didn't have a blog or a Youtube Channel ... in fact, I was just a regular student I didn't have a job or anything.

I didn't start University until September 2014 as you have to apply early to get in I remember thinking it was 10 months away and I had to finish my original college course first. Time goes so fast and sometimes when I reach milestones in my life such as starting university/graduating it really overwhelms me and I feel sad that certain parts of my life are over but happy that new ones are beginning. 

The first year was okay, as being a student was my occupation so I only had uni to focus on as I had nothing else going on in my life but I enjoyed it, I enjoy learning and finding out new things. That all changed for the second year, as it was in the summer break of my university course that I started my blogging and Youtube Channel (all 3 of them) as I had nothing else to do ... like I said I didn't have a job and university was finished for the summer which meant I had 4 months to do nothing which sounds like heaven to some people but I always have to be doing something so I decided to build something and Beauty Jamm was born.

Once September rolled around (and believe me it soon did) I was a bit worried about my Blog and my YouTube channel. I found it quite hard with my YouTube because of time to film and edit and things so I was worried that if I had university to think about as well I would have too much to juggle if that makes sense. 

I returned to Uni as I wasn't about to quit as I only had a year left but it hit me that I had lost all interest and enjoyment in the area that I was studying; something that was very different from the year before. My motivation had gone and my passion with it and I realised that most of the time in uni was being spent thinking about YouTube and blogging and I no longer wanted to be there ... I wanted to be at home ... doing that what I had been doing for the past 4 months... I swear sometimes I felt like bursting into tears on my way to uni because I didn't want to go!!

"I've got videos to edit ... WAHHHH !!!"
"I could be writing a blog post about my new lipstick from Primark now .... that's more important than VLANS ..... WAHHH !!!!"

Honest, that is what it was like. I didn't want to be there anymore I wanted to be here talking to you lovely people. I really struggled to get things balanced but I mainly focused on my YouTube and my uni rather than my blog as I only had 24 hours in each day. But now uni is over I can fully plunge .... plunge? is that the right word .... plunge? I'm now thinking of me in a plumbers outfit hovering over a toilet but you know what I mean anyway... into my blogging and YouTubing 


A new chapter is beginning and another is ending in my 'life book' this makes me feel kinda sad (not about the university though ... I'm glad that's over and I'm shaking my butt like Nicki Minaj that it is !!!) I guess what I'm trying to say is to stick with things... they might not look like they are going anywhere but perseverance is a virtue ? ... or it is patience ... either way, things might start turning around or looking up and it will always be when you least expect it, but if you quit or don't even start something you will never know.  I know it's hard to wait for something that might not happen but it's even harder to give up when you know it's everything you've ever wanted.






Comments