Costa De Almeria | Roquetas De Mar (Holiday 2016 - Day 1)

This week I am on my annual travel around the world. I haven't been to very many places and there are still certain places in the world I would love to travel to and experience. This year I went southern Spain to Almeria (which is actually pronounced Al - Mer - Ia rather than Al - Meeria like I was saying all week... way to show you're a professional traveller and know what you're doing Sacha) It was lovely and hot which is something I am not used to so, therefore, I burned my skin and am now peeling like a snake but it was absolutely beautiful.

The first day started off at 2am in the taxi on my way to my local airport Birmingham International, once making our way round there dropping cases off and going through security (took about 2 hours) we got into duty-free which was actually bigger than I expected. All my previous flights have been made from Heathrow Airport in London just because I felt the security was better but to be honest Birmingham wasn't as small as I expected it to be compared to London. Our flight was at 6am which I dreaded the moment I found out as I cannot travel anyway or on anything on an empty stomach without feeling sick. Doesn't matter what it is it could be a short car ride downtown or a train journey I will feel sick if I haven't eaten so I spent most of the 2 and a half hour plane journey there moaning and catching up on sleep.

Once we arrived in Almeria at half 9 in the morning (Almeria is one hour ahead of Uk time) the heat hit me straight away. I was dressed in thick leggings from Primark, a strappy top and my university fleeced jacket (you know comfy for the plane) but oh my life was I stripping off in the middle of the runway as soon as I stepped off that plane. I had just gone from about 3 degrees to like 18 degrees (don't know whether that's accurate but that's what it felt like)

We got on a coach and was driven to the hotel; the scenery there was crazy compared to leafy green England, here it was all brown rocks and little sea houses not that there's anything wrong with that I love the sun and the affects it has on the environment but it was just a massive change. Whilst I was enjoying the view and taking the odd vlogging video driving to the hotel which is about 50 minutes it was then that it hit me !! .... Spain drives on the right. I spent the rest of the journey being fascinated but also slightly confused as to how Spain drives with the odd heart attack every now and again when the driver goes anti-clockwise around a round-a-bout rather than clockwise.

Once I had nearly weed myself about 3 times because of Spanish driving I was happy to get off the coach and check in with the hotel which is called Evenia Zoraida Garden. The check in was also one of the most confusing things I've ever done as the woman who served me didn't seem to speak a word of English. She asked me to sign this paper which I didn't read as it was all in Spanish and am now hoping the hotel doesn't own my soul or something. I mean I speak the odd word of Spanish but I can't have a fluent conversation I just know like hello, goodbye, goodnight, woman, man and things like that I can't have a conversation so I could pick up on certain words she was saying but as for understanding I might as well have been on the moon, I bet I looked like a goldfish when she was speaking to me and I felt like the dumbest person on the planet.

We then went for lunch before going to our rooms as my room was still being cleaned, one of the best things about this hotel is everything is all-inclusive which means all the food, drinks and entertainment is free as you have a wristband which you have to show and I know I'm going to have a tan line there when I leave, but it's great as you get all your food and drinks for free all week :) I'm going to be living off Pepsi and Slush Puppies for the next week... bye bye diet.

The room was unusual, it was not what I was expecting, it was nice don't get me wrong and it had everything I needed; it was just not what I was expecting at all. When you first walked into the room, to your left was the bathroom where the main colour's were black and red with the white ceramic facilities. Black and Red for a bathroom was the first shock I was expecting it to be completely white with perhaps the odd colour threw in on the towels or something but nope black and red it was. Anyway moving on up into the main bedroom they chose purple, orange and green. I know these aren't contrasting colours and does make the room look quite cheerful but green and purple?  It was a nice room the way it was laid out and the beds were massive which I'm thankful for as I thought it was going to be single beds but they weren't with me it was just the colour scheme :) 

I then went and had a look around the hotel, chilled by the pool for a while and then went to experience the entertainment they had on. On Sunday, it was two Spanish dancers who were ballroom dancing to Spanish music (I don't know what the songs were as it was all in Spanish, which is to be expected) I then ended the day there as I felt really tired probably because of all the travelling. Overall, I think I'm going to like it here and I cannot wait to see what this week brings. 

Roquetas De Mar | Costa De Almeria - Spain




Comments