MAC 217 Brush & Bittersweet Lip Liner

The other day I ordered off the MAC website something which I have never done before. I didn't realise the amount of things they offer on the website that they don't offer in stores :O!! I only brought two things, a lip liner and a brush, I have used these products the past couple days and I feel I can now review them on this blog post :) enjoy!!!

1. MAC 217 Blending Brush

I do need a new brush collection to be honest, most of my brushes are falling apart and leaving their bristles on my face :P I usually don't bother with expensive brushes I resort to eBay but that isn't cutting it anymore I need to start ... investing ;) my mum always said to me "You buy cheap, you buy twice" so I started with this little beauty. I did a lot of research before purchasing this, actually most of June and July I was researching brushes. This was my first pick of many ... it is great for eyeshadow I find, I always struggled to blend my eye shadow together as I found it a challenge. 
This brush really helped me to tackle this; the bristles are oval shaped which helps with the blending especially near the eye area such as the inner corner which is the worst, in my opinion, the crease and the outer V. The brush is soft and runs across the eyelid smoothly... to be honest I don't know how I ever blended without this brush now. I have noticed that some people have used this brush for concealer; I haven't so I can't say whether it is good for that or not, I would try but at the moment it has Ted Baker eyeshadow all over it :P maybe when I wash my brushes I may ... I'll keep you posted ;) but it can be used for concealer as well.
It is made with goat hair which put me off at the start but at least you know what the brush is made of... 
*side eyes cheap brushes from eBay coached in the pot*






2) MAC Pro Longwear Lip Pencil - Bittersweet
Trust me to pick the deepest shade available ... I didn't even realise until I just googled how to spell "Pro longwear"... I didn't know if prolong was all one-word okayy :P... but when they say long wear .... they mean long wear. To put this to the test I applied a bit to my lips then went in the shower. I can't say it was untouched but it was still there :O. This particular shade is a very rich colour ... can't say for the others as I only have this one but you can imagine it would be the same quality all round. Applying these to your lips is a dream come true... they glide along no pulling or bleeding like I have experienced before just a nice smooth line. Most of the time the darker shades are the ones that get annoying such as this dark brown and the reds, as you have to be more careful because you can't just blend it in if you make a mistake, but I didn't have any problem applying it and it makes a nice natural colour for everyday wear. They do cost more than the normal lip liners in the MAC range but they are worth it as they don't dry out or wear off easily. Also, mine hasn't snapped yet ... BONUS!!

Have you ever tried any of these products? Let me know in the comments below what you think?





Comments