10 Reasons Why I Don't Use FaceBook Anymore

Facebook. The thing I went mad for when I was 9 and also the thing I now never use. I do have a FaceBook, I can't say I'm not on there at all but it is private... and when I say private I mean private, private. I have a FaceBook page for my blog and YouTube and it does drive traffic to them so I can never get rid of my FaceBook profile as in order to have a FaceBook page you have to have an active FaceBook account.

Why, though? why don't I use FaceBook anymore? Here are my reasons...

1. Moaners
If you've ever got anything to moan about ... FaceBook. You could be moaning about anything such as the council, the neighbours, this woman who stood on your toe, even your own kids. If you got something to moan about then make sure to update your FaceBook about it because no one else will be able to survive if you don't. All the best to the people who have narcissists on their friends list, these types of people moan about everything and they love gossip... FaceBook is a narcissists playground.

2. Arguments
Everywhere you turn! there's some sort of argument, debate or cyber-bullying going on. This can go for all social medias (or should I say Social Media Users) but FaceBook seems to be the mother of all arguments. Have you ever asked someone how they know about something and they reply "I saw it on FaceBook" or have you ever been in a conversation where a girl feels like she's being two-timed or cheated? What's the first words out of someone's mouth? " Whats her name so I can check her on FaceBook?" WHY !! It makes no sense !!! Why as human beings do we have to hide behind our computer screens, go to FaceBook and sort out our beef? I don't get it? 

Funny thing is most arguments are never resolved they just end up with 20 odd people in, taking sides and throwing insults. 

3. Stupidity
I don't know whether this is just me but when I've scrolled on FaceBook for a little while and then exit the app or leave the website; I feel like my overall intelligence has decreased. I feel dumber? I can't really explain why this is but I just feel more stupid and also part of me feels ashamed that I've actually been on the website!

4. Facebook 'Friends'
I like my friends don't get me wrong. I only have 50 odd so it's not like I have hundreds of people I don't know on there but I noticed that most of my Facebook friends aren't actually my friends. 

I cleared out my friend list just after I finished college and I noticed that I had people on there who were down right rude and mean to me at high school! Why? I don't even know, 16-year-old me must have thought 'if I'm on their FaceBook friend list then they must like me and think I'm cool... right?'. Wrong! No! what twisted thinking? I was only 14-16 when I added them all so I suppose I should give myself a bit of leeway but still. 

They were friend collectors, number enhancers, follower sponging whatever you want to call it. Why was I so stupid to not see that from day one, if someone is mean to you and then adds you on FaceBook and doesn't bother with you, then they are not adding you because they want to; they're adding you to boost their profile up. 

2000+ Friends you must be so popular! How about we sit down with a cuppa tea and you tell me how you met them all?

5. Time Waster
Oh, My Life! It's 5 o clock!! Where did my day go?! 
I'll tell you where ... Facebook the time slurp! A number of times I've looked at the clock and realised I've spent a big chunk of my time scrolling FaceBook and reading about how miserable everyone's lives are. How did this benefit my life? ... it didn't, doesn't and never will.

6. Sharing Business
People sharing theirs or other people's business. All well and good in some areas as it is a social media, it's supposed to be updated with different things, but have you ever been on FaceBook and thought... Why is this person sharing this on FaceBook? It's none of our business. Yes, the over knowledge of other peoples personal business. Some people love this, they love being in the know and keeping up with all the latest local gossip of one another, but you know what? I don't like it. I don't like knowing too much about other people... 

I don't want to know what you had for dinner I'm not interested! 
I don't want to know who should be kicked out of Big Brother, I don't watch the program, I'm not interested!
I don't want to know that your relationship is now 'complicated' (what does that even mean) because  I'm not interested!
I don't want to know that you just took your dog for a walk because I'm not interested!
I don't want to know that you've just wiped your butt after using the toilet because ... I'M NOT INTERESTED!!!

When are people going to stop with all the oversharing! I'm not saying for people to be all hush hush about their lives but when the status updates are non-stop about what they're currently doing it does my head in! It's like that woman who gave birth on FaceBook Live Video? (Yes... someone actually did that) I don't know who she is but apparently, she's a well-known public figure ...What on Earth?!? 

7. Sense of Entitlement
Seen as most people share their personal life on FaceBook, they seem to develop a sense of entitlement to know about yours. It's sort of like, they've put what they've had for dinner so now I feel like commenting what I had for dinner because I know what they had for dinner so now they're entitled to know what I had for dinner. <- FaceBook Knowledge (Overall Intelligence Level: -19) 

That was a small example but it happens to bigger things too. Such as, you're getting married, having a baby or moving house! some people seem to have a sense of entitlement to know these things about you (even if they aren't in your life) just because if it was them, they would update their FaceBook telling everyone. If you don't update your FaceBook then they will do it for you *see number six* 

8. Game Requests
D:< 
I have no words for this! I don't want to play Farmville, YoVille, Candy Crush, Bubble Pop or whatever they're called! If I have the game downloaded and I play it then all right you can send me lives or whatever but if I have never even played the game why are you sending me loads of stuff? 

9. Friend Requests
Nicki Minaj added me on FaceBook ... I haven't accepted but she's added me :D along with another 87 other strangers who I don't know. Yes, I have 88 pending friend requests from people I don't know, that's not including the hundred's I've already declined. Every day I get a friend request from someone I don't know. 

Why? I don't go round adding strangers on FaceBook. I suppose it's back to number 4 for the reason but it just really gets on my nerves. It's got that much that I don't even check my requests anymore, so if someone who does know me sends me a request I wouldn't even know. If I see a red '1' by that person icon I don't bother clicking because I know it's going to be some randomer who's trying to boost their profile or it's going to be some creep who wants to find out where I live... no thanks!

10. Competition
Girls. That's all I have to say. It's all about
 Who's got the best profile picture?
Who's got the best cover picture?
Who's got the most friends?
Who's got the most likes?
 Who's got the best makeup in their pictures?
 Who's prettiest?
Who gets the most attention?
Who gets the most comments?. 

Thing is, you might be thinking I'm aiming this at younger girls who've just come on FaceBook, but I'm not this still happens to people who are my age and older but theirs are more like... 
Who's got the best life?
Who did the best with their education?
Who's got the best-looking kids?
Who bought their kids the most for Christmas?
Who's got the best husband?
Who's husband earns more money?
Who's got the best/most expensive house?
Who went on the best/most expensive holiday?!


It never ends...
I'm going back to Twitter...


What's your favourite social media? (please don't let it be FaceBook after I've just moaned about it!!)
Haha!! Let me know in the comments below!



Comments