Lipstick Annoyances

Isn't it just the worst when you wear your best red lipstick (or any colour) and you look in the mirror whilst you are out and see that it isn't there anymore!! 

I mean you wouldn't believe what our lips go through in just one day... you've got the wind drying them up, your hair sticking to them, us talking, eating, drinking and for those people like me licking! I cannot stop licking my lips especially when my lip gloss tastes so good!

This is what usually makes my lipstick come off, to prevent this from happening I usually like to make sure that my lips are moisturised. Lip balms or chap sticks should always be within arms reach, no matter where I am. However, the tricks to making your lipstick stay on come mainly when putting your makeup on. For example, most people just pick the lipstick up and swipe it on their lips...I bet you do that ... yeah, I do too! but you're supposed to apply lipstick with a lip brush, that's what they are there for right?

First, I like to line my lips with a matching colour of lip liner, apply colour to the bottom lip first and then the top (using a brush of course!) rub my lips together so the colour is all over my lips and then I blot with some tissue. 
I want my lips to be coloured not my teeth, though. Oh, that reminds me always check your teeth! I really dislike going out and then noticing that I have lipstick on my teeth and trying to think of all the people I've spoken to and wonder whether they were internally laughing at my teeth!!

I run my tongue across my teeth so that any lipstick on them will be removed, I then place my finger into your mouth and pull out, then I will have a ring of lipstick around my finger... by doing this I prevent the remaining lipstick on the inside of my lips/mouth from going onto my teeth... clever eh?? I know ... I learnt it online :P Now you are ready! Don't forget to wipe your finger though... 

Obviously, lipstick does come off whilst eating, drinking, kissing so on and so forth this is to be expected. I haven't found any lipstick that is kiss-proof yet although some brands have claimed to have invented a lip lock, the ones that I have tried do not work and are a waste of valuable pound coins. With that being said you have to be prepared to re-apply when possible, accept that it will come off or choose a softer shade which isn't as noticeable when it does.


Comments