W7 Lightly Toasted Eyeshadow Palette (+ Swatches)


W7 Lightly Toasted Eyeshadow Palette contains 12 really nice eyeshadows. Some are matte and some are shimmery which I loved as you get the best of both worlds (High Five to anyone singing Hannah Montana). This palette was £4.99 from my local store and there were different palettes to choose from but I chose this one and another one but I'll cover this in a separate blog post.  



Shades:

Teddy Bear: 
I love the name of this shade! It matches the colour so well :) On the swatch, you cannot see this very well but that is because it is a very light shade or it may just be my skin colour being so pale! It would be perfect for a brow bone highlight or even just a nice base layer to build other shades onto as it is a matte shade. 

Wonderland:
Our first shimmery shade on the palette, this shade is very similar to teddy bear except you can actually see this one and it is a tad pinkier. Again, this would make a nice highlight shade or would match a nice pink date look. 

Cracker:
I'm not entirely sure why this shade is called Cracker when I think of the word cracker I think of bright oranges, not a matte brown. However, this shade is a nice beginning to the browns we have coming up. I would use this on my main lid or maybe for the cut crease on a nice soft look.

Happy:
This is very similar to wonderland just a bit darker, it looks a lot more orangey on the skin than what it does in the palette. Again, it is very shimmery and I feel this one would look nice with wonderland and teddy bear together.

Lady Luck:
This is my favourite shade out of the whole palette, it's a really nice matte brown which would match any outfit. It would blend really well with most colours on the palette and I think this shade is going to be the first one to go in my palette.

Twister:
This is a nice orange firey shade which matches with the browns the palette has. It doesn't seem as shimmery as the others but I feel this adds to the overall feel of the shade. In the palette, it looks different to how it looks on the skin but again that could just be how pale I am!

Di Di:
Just a shade lighter than the next, I like this shade, it is a nice warm brown that would match any outfit. I do feel in the palette it looks like it has more of a green tinge to it. This would be a nice cut crease colour.

Delilah:
Except for up in smoke, Delilah is the darkest shade on the palette. This would be the perfect cut crease for any of the shades in this palette. This is the one I'm going to be using for my cut crease and blending it out.

Magic:
This reminds me a lot of happy except magic looks a lot darker in the palette. I think to get it to look like it does in the palette you will have to really layer it on. It does look nice as a soft shade too if you only put one or two layers on.

It's a Dream:
This reminds me of Magic just a bit darker. This is our last shade for the browns, and I feel they end it perfectly with this shimmery shade. This would blend nicely with Delilah in the cut crease, I really like the name of this shade too.

Up in Smoke:
This is a shimmery black, it reminds me of a clear night sky with all the stars. I don't think I will use this one as much as the others as I'm not really a black shade sort of person but you never know when they will come in handy.

Dawn: 
The last shade on the palette, this is a very nice shimmery grey/silver shade. I would love to layer on some silver glitter eyeliner with this underneath it, I think it would really make any look pop.

The pigmentation of these eyeshadows is really nice! I feel some would have to be layered to get the full effect but it's not too bad, this means you can experiment and build eyeshadows together which I love doing sometimes. I know that a lot of these eyeshadows are going to be great blended together especially the browns for the cut crease. Another thing I love about this palette is that the colours are great for anyone, they can be worn for school, work, home, cinema, date, YouTube! they can be worn anywhere!


You can purchase this palette from the W7 website or from Direct Cosmetics.



Comments