Saying Goodbye to 2016

2016 has been a bit of a limbo year for me. sort of like I'm in the middle and don't really belong anywhere. I don't know what I'm in the middle of; probably dole dossing and something else... what that something else is; I don't know only my future can reveal that. 

It's crazy how fast time flies, I'm 21 next month and I still don't feel like I've achieved anything in life. I know I've graduated and passed my driving test and things like that but I still feel like I haven't done anything. People my age are going out and making memories with people, being friends, acting crazy, getting married and settling down in their own place with the person they love ... and then there's me, who's sat on her own watching Netflix every weekend, stuffing her face with chicken wraps and cheesecake. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with that, I love it! but sometimes it can be lonely. I guess that's one reason why I started a blog ... it's someone to talk too who's hopefully around my age. You're probably wondering why I don't have any friends but that's a story for another day, I'm not ready to share that with the Internet just yet.

For now, I'm going to focus on the good and positive things that happened in 2016. 


I Turned 20
Yeahh, the big 2-0. I'm no longer a teenager anymore, how crazy that is to think. I'm quite glad tbh, there's something about being a teenager, you sort of feel lost. You want more independence but the world is holding you down, trying to keep you as a child (been there... thought that). I guess the only advice I can give is to remember that everything comes at the right time, so if something doesn't come your way, it's just not your time yet. Take things slow and embrace the age that you are, don't wish your life away like I did. 

100 Subscribers
Probably the best thing that happened to me this year, it was around spring time when I first hit my 100 mark (this is Beauty Jamm xo channel). Then YouTube decided to clear out all unused accounts and dropped me back to 96 (Thanks YouTube) ... I was there for agggeeesss, but then eventually I hit that mark again and I was so happy. 

1 Year On...
I've been blogging and YouTubing for a whole year. I actually managed to upload a video every Tuesday, Friday and Sunday, something I thought was impossible last year. I honestly thought it was going to be another phase, you know you upload all the time and then all of a sudden you just leave and don't come back. Yeahhh... I thought it was going to be like that but it actually wasn't, and I really enjoy what I do.

Gamer Jamm
I completed two full games this year on my gaming channel. Again, something which I never thought I'd say. I completed Spyro 2 in July and I completed Spyro 3 just last week. I love when I complete games, not because they're over but because I feel a sense of accomplishment. I'm not even bothered if anyone watches them or not I just feel all warm and fuzzy inside when I've uploaded the very last episode to a series. I've also loved watching myself grow and become more educated in this field as well. If you watch some of my very first videos on the gaming channel and then some of these it's great to see. I'm now using green screens and adjusting the camera to the best angle rather than just filming the side of my face. 

I Graduated
Also, something which I never thought I'd say. I graduated! 
I did a BSc Hons (meaning Bachelor of Science...not bull shiz) in computer science. I studied various different topics from architecture to game development, but my strongest topic was engineering. I know... I'm a crazy person!!

This was a real big accomplishment because not only did I graduate from a specific area but I graduated from education. I don't think I'll ever be returning to education, but I will continue to learn each day like every human does. 

Lost some weight
Okay... I don't know whether this one is actually true but if you will divert your attention to the pictures below. 








January 2016









November 2016










The one on the left was taken (screenshotted) from January this year and the right one was taken (screenshotted) from last month, November. I tried to get them so I was facing directly forward on both but do you know how hard it is to screenshot yourself when you're talking and still get a decent facial expression.... very hard. 
Either way, I think it's pretty safe to say I've lost some weight around my face, or I've got better at contouring, either would be good news!! I'm pretty sure it's number 1 though, I've always hated the weight around my face, it's genetic (all us Parkers have round faces) so there's nothing I can really do about it, except try my hardest to get the weight off and keep it off. I'm still not 100% happy with how it looks now... still, detest that double chin, but I must be doing something right... right?

Also, thank goodness my eyebrow game has grown! 

Cleared up my Acne
Finally!!! After a decade (and a bit) I can finally wake up in the morning and not see a spot somewhere on my face! It was so annoying, they would always pop up at the most inconvenient time. For example, all week (since Monday) I would have clearish skin, I might have the odd little spot here and there but nothing too major. Sunday comes, the day I film all my videos for YouTube and what did my skin decide to do... big fat spot on my chin or forehead, not concealable, easily noticed...every...single...week.

Now though, I've managed to clear my skin up and I hardly get spots anymore. I can't say that I never get spots but it's much better than what it was like before. 

That's it for this year I cannot believe it! It's gone so fast! What have you achieved this year? Let me know in the comments below!


Comments