Marc Jacobs Decadence One Eight K Edition | Perfume 100ml Review

What do you think of when someone says Marc Jacobs? Fashion Designer? Multi millionaire? Successful Business Man? Mogul? Well he is all of those things but I bet the first thing that pops into your mind is ... perfume! His perfumes have taken the globe by storm, starting with Daisy and we ain't finished yet! I've been eyeing up Decadence ever since it came out this year but I've always just sprayed it and walked on or got distracted by something else but the other day I decided that I was going to get it... and boy am I glad I waited. Not only was Decadence on sale (it was Black Friday) but I realised Marc Jacobs had also released a limited edition bottle for a few months only and ... it was gold.



When I first saw the original one, I knew it was going to be different. All of Marc's other fragrances have been nice, girly names; for example, 'Daisy'...'Dot'...'Honey'...'Violet'...'Lola'... and then he comes out with Decadence! The complete opposite to any of these (name wise). For anyone who doesn't know what Decadence means...
"Moral or Cultural decline as characterized by excessive indulgence in pleasure or luxury" ~ Oxford Dictionary
Think he's strayed a tad bit from the sweet, innocent girly names and bottles with this particular fragrance, but I love it!!

The Box
The box is a gorgeous gold colour. You can see yourself in the reflection but it's not like a mirror, you couldn't do you makeup in it but it is a nice reflective surface. The front just has the name of the perfume and the designers name, very simplistic but I love it!. On the back is the perfume information and the website but every other side is completely clear with just the lovely golden colour. Inside the box is the perfume bottle which we will cover in a moment but also in there was another black box. This has the lid inside, the lid itself we will cover with the bottle but I was a tad confused that the lid was packed separate to the bottle, but now when I think about it, it was a nice touch and makes this perfume seem more upper class and original.

The Bottle

This bottle is absolutely gorgeous, it's exactly the same shape as the original Decadence but it has this nice gold tint to it. It's kind of like a luxury version of the perfume, it was inspired by 18 karat gold (not actually made from that though... I wish!) which makes this perfume a limited/special edition.  The bottle is so glamorous and really catches your attention.  The lid is a snake skin pattern, with a nice gold touch, the gold chain with black tassels at the end really finishes the look of the perfume off with a bang. My favourite part of the bottle is definitely the lid, I love how it is like a handbag effect and the chain itself doesn't feel cheap at all. None of the perfume seems cheap, it all seems very well made and of good quality. The deep gold is something Marc has never done before but it's good how he can have different styles for different bottles. 

The Scent

The One Eight K Edition is the same fragrance as the original Decadence the only thing that has changed is the bottle (and the price). It's a woody scent mainly although there are notes of rose and plum in there so it can be classed as a fruity floral scent as well. I do think it's a massive tone down compared to his other pillar fragrances. Although, I do prefer this one to his others even though I like his others a lot. It's more mature and I can imagine more mature women wearing this, it screams Sophisticated Business Woman to me which is kind of in contrast to the name of the perfume. 
It's very different to his others (even name wise) and it strays from the 'norm'. It's a mixture of rich, warm, woody florals and is ideal for anyone who wants to stand out.


I find on me it lasts a good 8 hours but that may be different from person to person. It's definitely a night time scent, it's very mysterious and sexy rather than innocent and girly. I would wear this to a party or a social gathering that's in the evening. I would imagine this scent would go well if you went to Winter Wonderland in London or The German Market in Birmingham, somewhere that's in the evening and cold. It's more of a night time winter scent than a summery one, which is why I feel it would go well at those gatherings more than others. 
It is very over powering but it's designed that way, even the bottle itself, it's not designed to be subtle and innocent, it's designed to be out there and in your face which in turn puts you out there and centre of attention (scent wise of course!)

One Eight K Edition:

Orignial Decadence:


available globally beginning of October 2016 but only for a Limited time, 

edit: finishes end of December 2016 as it is a limited edition bottle design. The original Decadence will still be available.







Comments