Ibiza | Port des Torrent (Holiday 2017 - Day 1)

Whooo!! I love holidays! They make me feel so excited, just knowing that for the next week I haven't got to do any work or do any of the daily routine makes me feel on top of the world. Today is an extra special day because not only am I catching a flight in 2 hours but it's also my Blog's Anniversary :) 2 years ago today I created this blog which is just mind blowing for me and I want to thank each and every one of you for reading.






One thing I don't like about holidays is the travelling. I love planes and plane journeys but I really dislike the queueing at the airport and the whole checking bags, the questions and dropping luggage off... ahhh!!! I know why they do it but it's just so annoying and I get checked every time!

Anyhow, the flight was lovely and I arrived in Ibiza around 9 am :)
















I didn't really do much today as the travelling and having to get up at 2 am really took it's toll on me but the hotel is lovely and I took some photos so I thought for this post I'd take you on a little tour of the hotel.





We are staying at the Aura hotel which is in Port des Torrent, a place located in Ibiza which is one of the Balearic Islands just off the coast of mainland Spain. This is located on planet earth which in turn is located in the milky way galaxy.... mmmm milky way..... mmmm galaxy.

The front of the Aura hotel in Ibiza
This is the front of the hotel, we pulled up outside here and I struggled with my case up the stairs only to then be told there is a ramp to the right, specifically for cases (don't judge me! I've had no sleep!)




Inside the hotel was lovely, They had the aircon on which I was thankful for after that case incident. Everywhere was marble flooring which I've always loved the look of and I promised myself if I ever buy my own house I'm going to have marble in the bathroom and kitchen ... maybe? I like the idea of the bathroom having marble :P










Here you can see the other half to the next picture, the desk you see in front is where we go for information. This may be for problems but it is mainly used for trips that you might want to go on or to see what's going on in the hotel that day. if you look slightly to the left you can see the entrance to the dining room, the best part of the hotel :P (bedroom and pool not included).








This is the entrance to the restaurant, I loved how you could sit outside if you wanted too but there was always room inside too. The greenhouse type roof was great for letting the light in but also keeping an element of shelter :P









This is the outside sitting area, the chairs were a nice woven plastic effect and they are comfortable. At first glance, they don't look that comfortable but they are. These are the '4' tables where a family of 4 can sit but there are tables of 6 and 2 as well :)





There were a lot of plants around which added to the restaurant feel and some of the roots of the trees were growing around the tree which I found interesting. They had wooden flooring which had a deck in sort of look and I liked that too.




Inside was a different story, I personally didn't like the look of the restaurant, it wasn't unclean or untidy it was just the decor, I didn't like it. The greeny blue chairs with the wood, the half stained look floor Nahhhh! I just don't think it matched but I'm not here to complain and it was clean and sanitary so there's no need for me to moan but I am British :P This was the restaurant anyway and it was a buffet type service so you go up with your plate and choose what you want for dinner :) I love to mix and match on things like this but I wasn't very hungry today so I didn't have any dinner. I get like that after travelling I think it might be the travel sickness that puts me off food for the rest of the day. Is that just me?


Yeah, I say I wasn't hungry today but this was my dessert ... the dessert I had after no dinner ... yeah, this was just mine... I suffer from 'Eyes bigger than my Guts' thought process ... but there is a strawberry and a piece of pineapple so it's not all bad! That sweet that's on the side of the plate I didn't eat... I know surprise surprise!!! but it's on my bedside table for a later date this week, I'll keep you updated on that. I ate everything else though! I'm going to be 10 stone bigger when I return next week I know it!



This was another part of the hotel, again loving the marble floor not too keen on the orange and green together but it sort of works for this room. This is where the Internet is.... and only is .... yep this is the only place in the whole of this hotel where you can get the Internet and it's extremely slow. Man! I don't know how I'm going to survive, I'm just so glad that I scheduled all my YouTube videos so I don't have to worry about them I just have to worry about the comments and not being able to get back to people :/ wahh!!

This is where I'm currently sitting right underneath that green panel picture canvas thing. It's dark now though I'm about to go to bed, I've got my cup of coke and I've got my legs spread across the sofa and I'm completely alone! No one uses this room by the looks of things which is great because it means I can think about that I'm typing.




This is another sitting area they have, no one sits here either. You can get the Internet here slightly as it's just in the next room but it's not as good and the chairs aren't as comfortable :P I like the decor though with the white and brown colour scheme :) really nice!



The last part of the hotel I want to show you is the swimming pool, there are three different pools that are separated by walkways or walls. There is a tiny pool that comes to about my ankles for the little kids, there's a medium pool which comes to my neck for ... standing in I guess? and there is the big pool which is pictured. The big pool goes from the ankle length right up to the deep length like how a swimming pool does, the deep end is really deep though, I can't touch the floor with my feet but I can dive down and touch it with my hand :)






....and that's pretty much it, this last picture is of where we were sitting today. Right on the edge overlooking this gorgeous scenery. The colours in the sky are insane it has a tinge of pink! which I love!!!! I'm so excited for the rest of the week here :) The skies, the sea, the sand, the ice creams, the weather!! It was warm here today, it was about 22°C which is lovely when you've just come from the UK weather. I think I'm going to like it here but for now, I'm off to bed... at 11.30... man I'm such a granny :P

Day 2




Comments