Ibiza | Port des Torrent (Holiday 2017 - Day 4)

It's been a really warm day today, I've actually burnt my bum! Couldn't believe it when I went into the shower and looked in the mirror at the tan lines, they're better than last year but perhaps that's because I've built my tan up now. It was so nice going into the shower though, I've been hobbling around all day because I can't sit down properly because I've sunburnt my bum, that's what you get for falling asleep in the sun on your tummy. I would take a picture but ya know! It's my bum and everything so kinda awkward... plus I don't want to scar you for life seeing all my horrible cellulite... yeah I'll let you live :) 

I had to take a walk today I couldn't just stay on my sunbed tanning as the burn was hurting so bad. I walked to the gift shops that are about a 20-minute walk from the hotel and I bought some little gifts. I have to buy a magnet from wherever I travel to so that one day I will have a bedside table full of magnets. I will show you in the last blog post what I bought as I feel it might be too long if I cover them now in this blog post.

That was pretty much all I did today, once sunbathing and visiting the shops were over it was time for dinner. Today was a special dinner though as we were booked into the Japanese restaurant this evening. I was kind of worried when we booked because I don't like fish at all... the smell even makes me feel sick and I know in Japan they love to eat fish. I think they even eat it raw but that could be just an Internet rumour. 




I was definitely being booked in anyway even if I didn't eat anything because I wanted the experience. It was a live cooking 'show' that they did where they cook your food in front of you on a metallic plate type fry thing I don't know what they are called but it looks like a massive silver plate that fries things. We got introduced to our chef whose name was Christoff (my mind immediately went to Frozen .... thank you, Disney). First, we had a starter which was chicken on a stick or sushi, as you have probably already guessed I had the chicken on a stick. 






Then he cooked us a main meal which was scrambled egg, chicken, egg fried rice, beef, prawns, salmon and vegetables. I only had some vegetables, egg fried rice and chicken :) I don't like fish and I only wanted one type of meat. He was a great cook though as you can see from the pictures he was chopping the vegetables up and fire was everywhere. It was a great experience though and I'm glad I went. That's just it sometimes you need to forget all the things you're concerned about and just do something. Forget making excuses and just make memories!!

We were only in there an hour so it also meant that we caught the entertainment as well. Today they carried on the musicals like yesterday but today it was all Disney. Man what is it with Disney today, first Christoff the chef and now Disney musicals!! They did songs from all the different Disney films from Snow White to Lion King, The Little Mermaid to Beauty and the Beast; they all are really great singers and they put on a great show. I now really want to watch all the Disney films again as well, I should have a mini Disney watching session. I haven't seen The Lion King in years!!

That's it for today! It's been a nice day but boy am I sunburnt! I'll be sure to show you my purchases in a later blog post :) Goodnight :*

Day 5



Comments