My Ghost Life

I was listening to Katy Perry's new album about a week ago and Miss you More started playing and it got me thinking. Do you ever wonder what could've been? 

I then started researching it online... and by that I mean I asked Google, man my cookies are going to be messed up now! There were a few people who asked the same question but it didn't seem to be a really popular topic. One week on and I haven't stopped thinking about it. 


My Ghost Life... the opportunities I never took, the people I never got to know, the choices I didn't make. It's so surreal to think about it, but just the thought of one choice changing the whole of my future scares me a little, but at the time of making that particular choice I never thought about it. Just the thought of this has made me really indecisive this past week... and trust me that's not like me, I know what I want and I go for it; but this past week I just haven't been able to make up my mind. 

I think it's because now I'm aware that had I never made certain decisions or chose a different option, my life wouldn't be as it is now... nice one Sacha, trust you to make all the bad decisions (Now I feel the urge to listen to Ariana Grande... *sigh* Bad Decisions now playing).

The choices I did make have made my life the way it is and had I made other decision's, my life could've gone a totally different way. It's like every time you make a decision you're at a fork in the road of your life, and you can only take one path. All the paths I took lead me here.

but what about all the paths that I didn't take?

Were they better paths? Would I have been happier? or would my life be a complete mess? Would I actually have friends? All these questions have just haunted me for the past week!

The Sacha who chose to actually text people back when she received a text message, does she have friends and a social life?

or what about the Sacha who actually swallowed her pride and apologised for certain behaviour that she knew wasn't the best... does she have friends? Is she happy?

What about the Sacha who didn't voice her opinions? Is she happy or is she a doormat for other people to walk all over?

What about the Sacha that didn't get drunk that one time? Is she still friends with those type of people?

... and lastly, what about the Sacha that didn't start a business, or YouTube, or blogging, but chose to carry on her education in Software Engineering? Is she happy?

Pft... I don't know, I think I'm having some sort of quarter life crisis or something. I'm only 21 and I'm already thinking about the choices I never made, and the choices I'm going to make in the future. I guess there are only two thing's I can say and they are, 
1. man I've made some crap decisions! 
and 2. Thanks a lot Katy Perry! 

but I'm glad in a way for the decisions I did make and I'm glad that I have been able to learn from them.  

What about you? Do you ever think about your ghost life, and all the decisions that you never made?




Comments

Post a Comment