Dear 2018...

I hope you can give me what 2017 didn't. 
I wanted to build myself in 2017 but after a few months realised that that was unlikely. To build yourself in just a year is a big thing to ask, I'm not saying it's impossible but it takes time, energy and effort, it takes everything you have to be able to uproot any qualities that you don't like or to start having good habits you've never had. Even when you've supposedly 'done it' you still have to work at it, to keep yourself that way because slowly but surely you will drift back into your old ways. I didn't realise how big of a task this was until midway through last year where I started stepping out of myself and looking at myself as a person. 

I hope you can bring me change. A change in heart, a change in circumstances, a change in certain aspects of personality, a change in life. That's all I hope for this year. If that's what my 2018 brings, I'll be content with this year, because that's all I want. I haven't given up but I have learnt that it takes time, more than a month, more than a year, but fear not I haven't stopped dreaming yet. 

sincerely,




Comments

Post a Comment