Going for Gold

Okay, First of all, I need to change the name of this blog post ... it should be 

Going for Gold  Rose Gold

Yes, I have become aware that I am obsessed with this colour. I don't know what it is, I've never been a really girly pinky person... well okay yes I have, but when I was younger it was more purple and reds never pink! Even my Nintendo 3DS was Aqua?!? I have never been really into pink .... until now.

This obsession with this colour is mad! It really is, I physically want to replace some of my furniture for Rose Gold, I want to try and paint the feature wall of my bedroom Rose Gold, I've been searching online for Rose Gold Nail Polish, and did a blog post on it. pft! Apple if my iPad, iPhone and Macbook isn't Rose Gold from now on... I don't want it! Yes, that's how much I have become obsessed with this colour and it really scares me because this has never happened before.

I guess it all started (for me) with the iPhone 6S, it was a brand new colour for Apple and I remember sitting in university and watching the whole Apple Webinar release of the new iPhone (I did a Computer Science course so I wasn't breaking any rules) it looked so good! I wasn't planning on getting it or anything but then my iPhone 5's battery started to play up so I knew it was time for an upgrade and yes I went and bought the new iPhone 6S in Rose Gold and I loved it!

...and that was it?

Nope. It didn't stop there, about 9 months later I was getting ready to graduate which means I have finished all my education and get to celebrate, yeyy! but it also meant that my student discount was going to come to an end, nooo! So I decided to buy a new iPad and Macbook whilst I still had my discount. My plan was to buy the cheapest of each, the cheapest iPad I could and the cheapest Mac I could (I am very frugal) so at this point in time that would've been the MacBook air and the iPad air (1st edition) ... that is until I saw they did them in Rose Gold
Did they do every mac or iPad in Rose Gold? Nooooo only the most expensive ones! Honestly, I cried whilst pressing that pay button but I just felt like I had to have them in Rose Gold, yet I should've been fine with any other colour!

Also at the same time as purchasing the Macbook I also purchased some Beats Solo 2 Headphones... guess what colour! .... Rose Friggin' Gold!

...and that was it?

About 4 months after that I wanted Rose Gold Nails, and actually bought some chrome powder and a nail UV light just so I could achieve Rose Gold Nails (worth it tho!) I did a blog post on this and a YouTube tutorial. 

...and then that was it, right?

I also want to now paint my bedroom Rose Gold, I want Rose Gold furniture and Rose Gold Lipstick (I hope they bring one out soon that's like a metallic Rose Gold!) I even changed my YouTube theme (for the fiftieth time) to Rose Gold just last month It's getting ridiculous! 

I guess what we can take from this blog post is that I'm obsessed with Rose Gold and it's become a massive problem!

Thanks a lot, Apple!

Have you guys ever been obsessed with a particular colour? If you have did it ever end!?! Let me know in the comments below!

'Rose Gold' Word Count: 18 19


Comments

Post a Comment