Blog & YouTube Resolutions ~ 2018


2017 is over! sorry for the reality check at the start of this blog post but it's the truth. Christmas is over, the new year is over, 2017 is gone and we are never going to have that year again. Everyone's talking about the new year and how this year is going to be 'their year' *raises eyebrow* I have got my own goals in my personal life and business life this year, but whilst I was thinking about those I thought of some for my blog and YouTube channel too; which I decided to write down in a blog post in hopes that it will motivate me to actually achieve them because they're on the Internet for everyone to see, rather than a scrunched piece of paper under my bed.



1. Use a Blog Planner
I got a new blogger planner this year so I'm aiming to use that more, plus I want to maybe use it for YouTube videos too so I can plan each video because sometimes I notice myself rambling a lot when it comes to filming a video. I would much rather use my planner and write down bullet points for the subjects I want to cover and then film rather than waffle on through the video and have to edit it out. This will not only make my videos better but will also get rid of any unnecessary jump cuts that I have in all my videos. 

2. Plan Ahead
My Gaming channel is easy as I know what episode can be filmed and uploaded next because you are ultimately just playing through a game. It's very easy to know which levels come next and how long on average a level is going to take to film. Beauty Jamm is different I like to stay as 'on trend' as I can which means that sometimes I don't know what I'm going to be filming that week until the time comes but I would like to start being on trend earlier so I can plan my videos ahead of time, instead of them being last minute decisions.

3. Update my Video Background
This isn't going to happen for a while (not now I have mice) but I would like to update my Beauty Jamm background as it's just plain and boring. I've always hated this but there is nothing I can do because I film in the living room and there is literally nowhere to put anything because to the left of me (literally a hands length away) is the TV. I know .... so awkward. But this year I would like to change that and maybe put some nice things in the background as this may draw people in to watch my videos more.

4. Schedule
Again, very similar to the previous, when I upload on Gamer Jamm they are all scheduled for a specific time and date which makes it easier for me to know what is being uploaded and what isn't, however, I never schedule on Beauty Jamm I just upload and then put the time for 6pm, this needs to change. I need to draw up a weekly schedule and checklists so I know what I'm doing each day and what goals I need to meet. This will hopefully make me on time for Beauty Jamm videos and maybe even write more blog posts as last year my blog was practically neglected.

5. Connect with Some Beauty Brands
Connecting with brands is a huge part of the YouTube and Blogging industry, it's something I've always been intrigued with but I'm not very big and I don't think brands would look twice at me as they do tend to focus more on numbers than personality (who can blame them). I'm not entirely sure if this will happen this year or next but I would like to put it on this years so I can keep it in mind, and I can at least get my feelers out and make some connections even if it's not a full-on collaboration.

6. Actually, Figure Out How to Record on a PS4
I've been saying it for ages, I want to record games on the PS4 and upload them to YouTube. I know the PS4 has built-in screen recording software but I've never tested it. I want to test that, I do have a Roxio gaming capture card that I can use but I've never actually used it on YouTube. This is something I need to do and if all is successful hopefully we will see some PS4 playthrough's this year :)

7. Social Media Following
Last year (2017) I have lost following on most of my social media accounts (excluding YouTube) this is because I rarely update them. Twitter is average at the moment, same with my facebook, but my Tumblr, Pinterest, Google +, blog and Instagram have all fallen in following from last year. This is because I never post! Instagram I struggle with as I never go anywhere so I don't really have anything to Insta and I don't want every other picture to be a selfie which is why I don't use it but I'm going to have to find things to upload and make sure to add them into my weekly schedule to keep on top of them; hopefully then my following will be up rather than down, not that numbers mean anything but it's discouraging when you realise you had more followers this time last year than now D:

8. Increase Traffic
By using my social media more (see previous) I'm hoping to maybe increase the traffic that gets run to my blog and YouTube channels as these are the main things I want people to notice. Hopefully maybe get a few followers there too which would be nice. 

9. Be More Open
This is the biggie. This is the one that I don't know whether I will be able to reach this year. I want to try to be more open. I'm a very closed book even in real life, if you ever met me you would sense that I'm not very open with my personality or thoughts I tend to keep those things to myself and maybe talk about other things... things that don't really matter in the grand scheme of things. One 'friend' once called me Mysterious which I didn't understand at the time because I thought she meant I was secretive but now I'm older I've realised that she didn't mean that at all, she just meant that I'm not very open about anything, this needs to change, especially if I want to be relatable to my audience, which I do. 

10. Stop Saving As Draft!
this goes along with the previous one really. This is what my current blog post list looks like...

as you can see 94 published posts (not including this one) and 99 drafts. This isn't because these blog posts aren't done. Well some of them aren't finished, photos still need to be taken or some I'm just not happy with yet, but I'd say a good 75% are complete but I'm just too scared to publish. This again goes along with being more open. I did a blog post before called 'My Ghost Life' that took me ages to publish, it was left in my draft's for ages, like many of these,  because I didn't know whether I wanted it out there or not but in the end I published it and I'm glad I did, this needs to be done with these. I need to go through my drafts and publish the ones that are done. For future reference, I need to publish posts when I finish writing them instead of saving them for a reallllyyyy later date!


That's all really like I said these are only blog and YouTube resolutions I have plenty more in my personal and business life. Some of these I might not meet this year as we never know what the future holds but I would like to think I can meet them all this year.

Let me know in the comments below if you have anything you want to achieve this year, no matter what it is. It could be passing your driving test or just something as simple as spending more time with your family, Lemme know!





Comments