What 2020 taught me

2020 the year that no one will ever forget. It really has affected many people from around the world including me. I could barely manage to film videos for Beauty Jamm as I didn't have access to my things and the blog also suffered. The gaming channel has still been going full steam ahead though. 

How weird has this year been? it's a year that will go down in history for all the wrong reasons. However, I am one person, one woman from this planet. So I wanted to do a little post in reflection of my year. 2020 was so different yet so similar at the same time. The world had so much disruption and hostility this year, yet my year was the complete opposite of that. I had so much calmness and peace this year, with myself I mean. It all started in March for the Uk anyway, we were put into a 3-month lockdown. We couldn't mix households or meet up with anyone. Shops were shut and masks were mandatory, and to be honest, things haven't been the same since. You still have to wear masks and gloves around the area that I live in and as we speak my area is being moved into Tier 4 which is another big lockdown. It's like the whole universe froze and everything was so calm but so chaotic at the same time. I'm so grateful for the time this gave me, the whole world froze and I finally had time to focus on me, and me only. I needed this.

It taught me to slow down and really home in and focus on what matters the most, the time I had I used to the best of my ability. I learnt a new skill, I focused on my income and also started another side hustle. This was so easy because we weren't allowed to leave the house, only for essentials so I had so much time to spend doing these things. I had time to really get to know myself and what I want from this life. Anyone who hasn't done this yet I dare you. I dare you to spend time getting to know yourself, your true self, and your mindset will change forever. I was already working on this anyway but because the universe kind of froze it gave me the time to really really focus on it without any other distractions. I really am an introvert haha!

It also taught me that there's no need to give up. I'm on a weight loss journey currently. I started... properly around June 2019. I don't think I fully understood how to lose weight at first but I joined the gym and started a calorie deficit. When I first started I was 87kg and come March I was 75kg, I was lifting weights at the gym though but once Covid hit, the gyms all closed and I felt like it was over, that was it, I'm going to get fat again. However, it taught me that that's not the case, there are other ways to lose weight and there's no need to give up just because of one little bump in the road. I noticed online that a lot of people were gaining weight in lockdown but I didn't. I kept my head high and worked on my self-discipline and even though I haven't been to the gym in 10 months I have still lost a further 7kg. I was doing home workouts and even had some fitness DVD's that I had from years and years ago on replay every other day.

I guess what I'm trying to say is even though 2020 was the year nobody wanted or expected, it was the year we needed. The pollution rates went down, people seem a tad bit nicer than before and overall it was the year everyone needed. I have found inner peace with myself and I can see the light at the end of the tunnel now. My life has been a crazy, twisted turning hedge maze, but 2020 allowed me to slow down and stop for one minute and showed me the exit and even though I'm not out yet I can see it. I do hope 2021 brings more normality to people but at the same time, a few more months of peace and quiet sounds good to me.

I do just want to finish this blog post off with some condolences, condolences for the people who have lost family and friends due to Corona and also condolences to the people who have been 'locked up' with abusers and narcissists.  They aren't easy to deal with, I know from my own experiences and I have thought quite often in my quiet moments about you guys who are dealing with people like that at this time and have no choice because we're all under lockdown. My condolences to you all.

Thank you for reading :) I'll speak to you all soon.



Comments