Concert Essentials | What to take to a Concert

Man.. concerts can be a pain in the neck; with the getting there, charging of cameras, phones, remembering the tickets, picking something to wear ... it's all worth it though... right? 

There is a video of this blog post located in the middle ... :) 
I went to a concert last month and I had a great time. I thought I'd share with you what I took as I took quite a lot of stuff ;P

River Island Bag


1) A Bag
First thing I did was pick up the smallest shoulder bag I have. Started putting my things inside realising that now not only is everything slumping out of it but also my bag won't even fasten... not practical at all. In the end I went with a River Island Bag (Link Here)  it has a zip fastening and a button press so it folds over on itself... hopefully you can see what I mean in the picture. This was a bigger bag but was perfect for the night as I brought some merch so I needed the extra room that this bag offers. 



2) A Purse
River Island Zipper Purse
Now... My main purse is very big a bulky because ... well it's not because of all the money in it let me clear that up ... it's just because it's more of a fashion purse .. you know all 40 odd card slots and two zippers for all the coppers I get given -.- I felt that this was too big for a concert so I decided to take my little River Island zipper purse bag thing (Link Here)  It's not exactly a good everyday purse but it's great for little trips like this where you need something small that can hold your travel tickets, notes and card :D




3) Sunglasses
I didn't take this but if you are attending an outside festival or concert then you are going to need sunglasses to protect your eyes from the sun's rays :D


The ones I use in the video are similar to these : Link Here

4) Mula !! 
You are going to definitely need money ... whether this be in note form or card form :P 

5) Mobile Phone
Yep ... this is a must ... but this is for getting in touch with people because communication is so important especially with events like this. A POA (Plan of Action) should be made before attending so that you know what train to catch or where your taxi is this is .. so make sure your phone doesn't die. 

6) Charging Case 
Going along with the last one ... making sure your phone doesn't die nowadays is sooo hard ... with battery's using up juice themselves and with Loony Tunes Dash game being installed yep I feel your pain so someone is now a millionaire for thinking of this idea ... a phone case that charges your phone on the go. This brings a whole new meaning to the word 'mobile'. Make sure that this is fully charged too before you leave :D 

7) Camera
This is for recording and taking pictures ... :D Make sure you enjoy the show as well :D 

8) Perfume
I have a Travalo; this is a small tube that you can pump your favourite perfume in and take with you instead of taking the whole bottle in your bag. This is handy when you want to save space in your bag and I take it pretty much everywhere with me :D Link Here I currently have The Body Shop Love Etc. in mine :P 

Travalo Perfume Holder



9) Chewing Gum 
This speaks for itself really ... yep keeping your mouth minty fresh :D pack of mints will be just as good!! Mint's also stops rumbling tummy's ... like mine :) 




10) Hand Sanitiser 
Germs germs everywhere !! I'm not a germ freak but sometimes this is essential especially when your touching door handles and things .. trust me I've learnt from experience :P plus your can get the nice handbag sized ones which are really handy when you just want to take something to clean your hands with :)





11) Hair Bobble
This is only essential if you have your hair down. If you've already got it in a pony or you're wearing a bun then this is not needed. Sometimes hair can get in the way especially if you are jumping about to all the songs. I know they say at concerts you should let your hair down and have fun but they didn't mean literally ... well I hope they didn't anyway ... putting your hair back or up gets rid of a lot of problems such as the lip gloss and hair situation .... yep we have all been there ;) but if you can manage it down then that's fine :) I had mine down but I still took a bobble just in case I felt like it was getting in the way :) 

12) Drink
You can buy one whilst you are there but if you do take one make sure it is in a plastic bottle as some arenas won't let you take in glass or tin for security reasons ... or you can just wait until you get into the arena before you buy one but if you are queueing and waiting outside then you may need a drink :) 

13) Something to keep entertained 
This is for the wait outside not the concert :P If you are waiting outside it can get pretty boring and using all the social media and games on your phone may take up needed battery ... so something else like a gaming console such as a DS or PSP ... or a book ... you know just something that you enjoy doing that you can take with you :) 

14) Tissues
This is important as if they sing a really emotional song or give a really touching emotional speech or you are just that fanatical about this concert person that you may cry you are going to need tissues. Public toilet tissue is not recommended


15) Make-Up + Mirror
A top up of makeup and a mirror to apply. I only took my lipstick and gloss and reapplied when I ate but if you are going to cry or there is a possibility that you may cry you may need to take a bit more .. such as eyeliner, concealer and things like that. 
16) ID
To prove who you are or your age you are going to need this ... I forgot mine when I went but I think they knew I was over 12 ... I hoped !

17) The Tickets
The most important thing ... you can forget all of the above but do not forget these! The actual tickets !! You will not be getting into that arena if you forget your tickets, make these the priority and put them in first :) 

That's it for my what to take to a concert post ... if you're going to a concert have a great time and take some pictures and tag me on Instagram and I'll give them a little like :P 

I made a video of this which is located in the middle of the blog post make sure you watch that too because I explain these things in more detail. 

Make sure you follow my social media's so you know when I post !! 


Comments