Nicki Minaj Minajesty Exotic Edition Perfume Review

Yep you guessed it Minajesty Exotic, I love this perfume so much and I remember being so happy and excited when I received it. I was going through my older blog post ideas the other day (my draft ideas) and I realised I hadn't got any perfume reviews or openings so I decided to kickstart with this perfume Minajesty Exotic :) 

Nicki Minaj Minajesty Exotic Edition Bottle & Box
The Box
It's a nice sleek black box with gold writing. This box is very plain and goes with the toned down look that Nicki has adopted at the moment. I don't feel that any of her perfumes have been cheap looking but by making this box just black with gold writing makes this one look more professional than her others. The front is exactly the same on the back no picture of Nicki on this box. It also has the golden buckles in the corners which adds a nice decoration to the box and breaks up the black. 

The Bottle
Once opened you can see the perfume doll which matches the box in a way with the golden buckles on her black corset. The blonde hair and the pink lips definitely takes the attention with this bottle as it's the first thing you notice. The glass on this bottle is frosted which is different from her others but I think it goes very well with the look of this perfume. She has kept with the same doll shape as the others along with the gold face and pink lips. The blonde hair is brand new she has never done blonde hair on a perfume before but the hairstyle is the same as Minajesty but this would make sense as this is the Minajesty perfume but just the Exotic Edition.

The Scent
Nicki Minaj
Minajesty Exotic Edition
Bottle
Mango. That's the word I think of when I smell this perfume; hence the title "Exotic" haha !! It is meant to be Bergamot, Orange Squeeze and Mango but on my skin, I can mainly smell the mango. Once it's been worn a while it smells like Tiger Lillie's, Lavender Blossom and Dewy Petals, but again on my skin, it's mainly the dewy petals and not so much the others. Then the main bottom of the perfume is Creamy Musk and Cedar Wood these I can both smell. Overall it smells really nice. If you like Nicki's other perfumes then you will like this one but I do feel that she cannot beat her original which was Pink Friday, but I do like this perfume and I will wear it and cherish it :)


So how does this differ from her others... admittedly Nicki's perfumes do all smell similar but you can tell the difference between them all. This one was along the lines of the main Minajesty perfume, just like the special edition of Pink Friday went with the original Pink Friday perfume just a different look. 


The two boxes are very different the one is plain black and gold and the other is pink with a picture of Nicki on the back. As for the scents, I feel the main Minajesty is a lot sweeter than the Exotic Edition. The Exotic is a lot more fruity and the undertones of the perfume are more noticeable with the Exotic Edition than with the main Minajesty. However, both perfumes are beautiful.
Nicki Minaj
Minajesty Exotic Editon (Left)
Minajesty Original (Right)
The main Minajesty (right: in the Pink) as you can see is a lot more colourful and fun. Just like how Nicki was when she wore all her wigs and different colours. Some people say she aimed the bottle to her Super Bowl performance in 2012 but added on the pink curly wig. Comparing to the Exotic you can see it's a lot more toned down and more 'natural' if that's the right word; she aimed this look like how she looked in the music video to "Love More" back in 2013, she has toned herself even more now by showing her natural black hair but when this perfume was in talks and in the making she was probably still wearing her wigs. Her next perfume will have black hair just like Nicki now, it's like she's toned down her merchandise appearance just like she has over time which is nice because it shows that she thinks about the look of her endorsements rather than just putting her name to things.

Nicki Minaj
Minajesty Exotic Editon (Left)
Minajesty Original (Right)
Now, I know this picture here seems a bit creepy because both heads are off the perfumes and I have said before I feel very weird pulling her head off every time I spray them; but I just wanted to show you how both bottles are similar, the scents are different but the heads are the same apart from the hair colour and the bottles are the same except for the colour of the outfit and that the Exotic Edition (left) has frosted glass whereas main Minajesty is clear glass but to be honest I think I prefer the frosted effect. :P

Nicki Minaj Onika Rollerball & Car Air Freshener

Ohhh... what's this ... well well ..  not only did I get the Minajesty Exotic but I also got a roller ball and car air freshener teaser for Nicki's next perfume which is called "Onika"

All I will say is if you like Nicki's perfumes then you will like both of these and as for Onika .... Pears.

Comments