iPad Pro 9.7 inch ~ Rose Gold

The iPad Pro is the newest iPad to date. I've been using an iPad 2 since it was released back in March 2011, I was so excited when I thought about updating my iPad to one of the newest versions, as my one was very old and I had a student discount until September to use at Apple. The 9.7-inch iPad Pro was perfect for me, when I looked in the store I felt the 12-inch one was too big for me and what I was going to be using it for. The 9.7 inch was the perfect size and I definitely needed to upgrade. 

The first decision that had to be made (and can I just say this was of utmost importance) is the colour. The iPad Pro is the first iPad to have the four different colours which are Space Gray, Silver, Gold and Rose Gold. I went for the Rose Gold option as my iPhone is Rose Gold and I wanted my devices to match, my second choice would have been the gold. I love how they have brought out different colours now as it gives users more variety and more chance to express themselves.




Unboxing & iPad Overview

When you first open the box you are shown the iPad itself which is wrapped in a protective film. Underneath the iPad is the lightening to USB charging cable, a 10w plug adapter, the plug itself and a booklet of information which tells you different things about your iPad and also comes with two apple stickers for you to stick where you please (I saw one on the back of a car once :') ). 

The iPad itself looks similar to other iPads but is a lot lighter being just 6.1 mm thin and weighing just 437g. The front of the iPad has a thin frame around the screen and one facetime camera directly in the middle facing the user. It also has the home button on the bottom which has a touch ID feature. The bottom of the tablet has two speakers located each side of the lightning charge port. The right side has the volume controls, the rest of this side is completely clear on my version but if you buy the cellular version of the iPad (which is a bit more money) then you will have a data plan slot here where you can put a 'sim' card into your iPad and connect to the Internet wherever you are just like you would with your phone. The top of the iPad also has two speakers in the same location as the ones that are on the bottom of the iPad. Also on the top, they have the power/lock button and a headphone jack. The left side of the iPad has a smart connector which can be used to connect to a tablet keyboard or so this little iPad can be used as a computer too. The beauty of this is there are no wires connecting to the iPad you just connect it and then start typing.


iPad Tech Specs

The back camera on the iPad Pro is amazing! it is the first iPad to have a 12-megapixel camera which makes photos look sharp and true to life. This matches the iPhone 6S camera which also has this. It also shoots 4k videos and live images which are 240 fps. Another thing which the cameras have is a true tone flash feature, this means that colours which are taken on the camera are more true to life than on any other iPad. It also makes your skin look great no matter what lighting. The front camera is only 5-megapixel which isn't as good as the back one but it does have the flash and true tone feature as well. This is because the front camera is a Facetime camera rather than an iSight camera. 

Another feature the iPad Pro has is the touch ID meaning the iPad can be unlocked with a fingerprint rather than a passcode, although having a passcode as well is an option. The great thing about touch Id is you can use Apple pay which is also an option on this iPad even though I mainly use Apple pay on my phone it's a great addition to anyone who takes their iPad out with them. There are two types of passcode, a numerical one and an alphabetical one. I usually opt for the alphabetical one as there are an unlimited amount of words your passcode could be whereas with numbers there is only a certain amount of 4-digit codes to have; even though it would take months to try every single one it is still possible and easier to crack than an alphabetical passcode.

Another great thing about the iPad Pro is the four speaker audio. There are speakers in all four corners of the iPad which means no matter which way you hold the iPad you will have all round sound. Also, the iPad automatically puts most sound on the top two speakers whether you have it landscape or portrait.  This will be great for when watching movies or `TV series as the speakers will come from all four corners. Although most the time I have to listen with headphones in which reminds me of something, the iPad didn't come with any Apple headphones like the iPhones do. I'm not fussed about not having any with the iPad as I have two pairs to use but it just reminded me talking about audio and sound. 

One thing which I loved was the true tone display feature, this will help so much for when I am reading things as sometimes, my eyes feel like they are straining when I look at the screen for a long period of time like when I'm reading for example. This iPad uses a true tone feature which uses light sensors to adapt the colour of the display to the environment you are in. If I was in a dark room the iPad would use true tone whereas if I were in broad daylight it may not use true tone and just show a normal iPad screen depending on the environment I was in.  

There are three dots located on the left side of the iPad these are smart connectors which means the iPad can now have a keyboard attached to it and then be used like a computer. You may have also heard of the Apple pencil, this is also compatible wth the iPad Pro but I don't own one so I cannot comment on this. The keyboard would help massively with business people when they need a keyboard rather than their on screen one. They are portable and easy to use. 


Another thing which I loved was with my iPad I had a free engraving on the back. I don't know whether this is part of my student discount or whether you can just have a free engraving when you buy an iPad Pro 9.7 inch. I had "Beauty Jamm xo, To live doesn't mean you're alive" engraved on mine. When they said engraving I was expecting it to be actually cut out of the iPad like how it would be if you engraved a bracelet or dog collar, but it's actually not, it looks and feels like tiny little letters that have been stuck on perfectly. I know this isn't the case but that's just what it looks and feels like.



Overall, I am really happy with the specs of this iPad and I'm even happier with the different colours. I'm only going to use my iPad for doing little odd jobs and I know I'm not going to use it to its max potential but I am happy with it and it does just what I need it too.

What do you think about Apple's Products? Do you think they are worth all the hype they get? Let me know in the comments below.

Comments

Post a Comment