Nicki Minaj Trini Girl | Perfume Review

It's been a whole year (and a bit) since Nicki Minaj announced that she was releasing her fourth pillar perfume called "The PinkPrint". I honestly had thought about a fifth pillar scent for the Nicki Collection back in March of this year as she usually releases them yearly around summer time. This year I heard nothing but thought that she might be hard at work on her new album and therefore doesn't have time to think about a perfume yet. However, she had been working on a perfume behind the scenes and it's out now!!

It's called "Trini Girl" this is because Nicki is originally from Trinidad which makes her a Trini Girl. Also, the eleventh song on The PinkPrint is called 'Trini Dem Girls' so I believe the perfume may have some reference to this as well but that's just what I think. This is Nicki's fifth Pillar scent but her eighth scent overall. There are three different sizes 100ml which is £40, 50ml which is £30 and 30ml which is £24.

Box
The box has the same effect as her 'Onika' one with it being just one design and not having Nicki on the box at all. The perfume as a whole has a theme colour of red and gold, the design of the box I found very unusual as it has a scale effect, it reminded me a bit of a mermaid. The front of the box is a red colour like the 'Minajesty' box but then it goes into a goldfish scale pattern, with a black border. There is then a red banner across the middle which says 'Trini Girl by Nicki Minaj', this has a strip of gold on the top and bottom, this is all that is on the front of the box. 



The sides are exactly the same, they are a lovely gold mirror shade with Nicki's name and the perfume name going down the middle. The back of the box is similar to the front of the box except it doesn't have the red colour in it, it just has the gold fish scale effect. This also has the name of the perfume and Nicki's name there as well. Also on the back of the box is an image of the perfume, something which is very new to the Nicki fragrance line, she has only ever put a big picture of the bottle on the box for one of her other perfumes (Pink Friday Deluxe Edition), she did have a little image of the PinkPrint bottle on that box but this image is a totally new scale .... get it.... scale! lol! I crack myself up sometimes!

One thing I will say about the box is it is very reflective, (it was actually hard to take pictures of) I can see myself in the box when I look directly at it, which I felt was nice having a gold mirror effect on the box. On the bottom of the box is the perfume information which just says that it's 100ml, where is was made and it has the barcode there as well.

Bottle
The bottle is the same as her others with the doll shape and Nicki face. The head has a long black wig with a gold face similar to her Pink Friday deluxe edition perfume. The lips are pink the same as her other bottles, I love how she never misses the pink lips as it is an ongoing thing with all her perfumes, but I do wish she would've changed the lip colour to red for this particular bottle just so it would've gone more with the colour theme.

The bottle is a clear and see-through with royal red tint and gold detail to act as clothing. This is very different from anything she has ever done before, she usually sticks to a transparent bottle with some form of design to act as clothing around the chest area. This is completely different as the bottle has a red tint to it and then the gold clothing, she has never used red and gold before. The design itself reminds me of a mermaid the same as the box, it's a scale pattern on the chest area and then it goes down into a leafy pattern for the outfit line at the bottom, this reminded me of Autumn as that is the season we are in currently. The outfit does not carry on to the back of the perfume, only the front.

Scent

The scent is connected with Nicki's Trinidadian heritage which made me think of a very exotic smell. It's very fruity (which goes with the whole exotic thing I guess) when I first smelt it which I loved as I really like fruity scents, once it's been worn a while you can smell the floral part coming through with the Chaconia flower but it's not as floral as her others. It's definitely more of a fruity scent than anything else. As it's been worn for a while you get to the musky smells which she ends all her perfumes with although this smells more of an exotic dry down than her others. 

This is very different to anything she has done before. It is a brand new scent and smells completely different to her others. I find that this fragrance lasts a good while, about 5 -6 hours before I feel I need to reapply. I don't feel its overpowering at all which is the same as her others, I don't feel any of Nicki's scents have been overpowering. In contrast to how Autumnal the box looks this scent reminds me more of Spring and Summer than it does Autumn.
This is possibly my favourite Nicki perfume, but I will have to wear it a few more times before I can officially say that.

If you like fruity fragrances then you will most likely like this one, I feel like it has definitely overtaken the PinkPrint perfume as I did like that one but I was wondering if she was starting to go in a new direction with her perfumes, but this definitely hits home back to the Pink Friday and Minajesty eras, which is what Nicki wanted it to do I guess?

Main Notes:
Lychee
Blood Orange Sorbet
Quince
Chaconia Accord
Apple Blossom
Dewy Leaves
Modern Woods
White Musk 
Coconut Cream












Box Set
You can get a box set of the perfume, there are two versions available, one which includes a 50ml Eau de Parfum, a shower gel and a body lotion for £30. Another, which includes the same except a 30ml Eau de Parfum rather than 50ml and costs £20.  This is perfect for the time of year we have coming up and would make a great gift for any girl ... or boy whatever floats your boat :P.  All the different products in the box set have the scent of the perfume. 

The box set itself has the exact same design as the perfume box which I liked as it links the two products together, the box set is a different layout though as there are more products involved. The lotion and shower gel both have the same packaging which is a similar red to the perfume box. The design is exactly the same as the front of the perfume box, it has the gold scale pattern and the red banner with the perfume name and Nicki's name.


The shower gel and cream smell like the perfume itself, they aren't too big and I feel they would be perfect for travelling with. The shower gel is a clear see-through substance whilst the cream is a white colour.  The box set was first seen on social media on October 7th, 2016 and we actually saw the box set before we saw the perfume itself ... interesting I know!





Nicki said that with this perfume she wants her fans to stay true to who they are and remember that where you come from is at the heart of a great success story. That's exactly what she did with the perfume by showing that she came from Trinidad and she will never forget where she came from and who she is.

Good Going Nicki!



What do you think about Trini Girl? Have you smelt it yet? Which one of Nicki's fragrances is your favourite, if any? Let me know in the comments below.

Buy Trini Girl Eau de Parfum
Buy Trini Girl 30ml Gift Set
Buy Trini Girl 50ml Gift Set  

💎 My Links 💎



Comments

Post a Comment