Hair Diary | Entry #1: Ombre

*I wrote this blog post a long time ago, but I came across it today and wondered why I never posted it so here it is :)*

I have never changed my hair.

I know that might come as a shock to most people considering I am 19 but it's true! I have never changed my hair, I've had it cut here and there but that's it, I've never changed my look at all I just straighten it and leave it.

This is my hair - natural
(with lemon bits)
In light of this I have decided to dye my hair in an ombre style, I don't want to go completely one colour as I will have to continually do my roots (I know my laziness at it's peak) but just going a nice blond at the ends I thought would look nice and give my hair the makeover it most desperately needs.

My natural hair colour is a number 7 which is a complete neutral but from a colour shade perspective, I'd say I was a fawn colour. I want it to go from my natural colour then fade into a nice blond at the ends. I'm going to be using bleach and foils to achieve this. My hair in the right picture looks like I have highlights, but I achieved this by putting lemon juice on certain parts of my hair and then sitting in the sun. My hair has grown out a lot since this so I no longer have the blonde bits, it looks like how it does at my root all the way down. 

I started from the bottom layer and applied the bleach to the ends of the hair, once I had applied I placed foils over the top to stop the bleach getting on my clothes or other bits of hair I didn't want the bleach to touch, foil also helps the bleach take more because it is foil which holds heat. I put the bleach starting point at different positions to create the ombre effect. 



I'm happy with the result, it's not exactly what I wanted as I wanted it to fade into the ombre effect rather than be a straight line where the colour changes but I guess I'll have to do more research online to see how to achieve this.




Comments