Ps... Illuminate Me Cream Highlighter Palette

One of the best things I bought from Primark the other day was the Illuminate Me Cream Highlighter Palette. It contains 5 different highlighter shades and is a perfect size for a handbag/makeup bag.


The casing is gorgeous!! I don't know what it is about this colour but I just love it!!! It's a nice rosy gold colour with golden letters. It opens like how a compact mirror would and reveals all the highlighter shades with a nice mirror in there too. The shades in the palette as a whole is a mixture of pinks and golds which act as highlighters. This would make sense as to why the packaging is a rose gold colour as it matches the shades inside. There is even a card inside which shows you where to put each shade which is always helpful!!


The first shade which is called Platinum is the brightest of all the shades, it's a nice icy white and would look perfect in the inner corners of the eye or the brow bone. It applies really well and doesn't feel too heavy on the face. It looks similar to Royal Gold but it has more of the white tones than the golden tones. 

The Second shade which is Royal Gold has more shimmery tones than any of the others in the palette, this would look nice down the bridge of the nose or on the chin. It doesn't feel heavy or sticky and has a nice shimmer when the light hits it. 

The third shade is the biggest one in the whole palette, this one is called Dusty Pink. I've never really used a pink highlighter before, I usually go for the icy whites and golds. I would probably use this one as a blusher as well just to make my cheeks have that nice glow.

The fourth shade is called Antique Bronze, this is the darkest shade in the palette. I'm not sure where I would put this on my face at all as it seems too dark for me, but that might just be my skin tone. If you have nice tanned skin then this would look nice on the cheek bone. It's great that Primark caters their makeup to all different types of skin tones, that's one thing I love about them.

The last shade is called Renaissance Gold, this reminds me a lot of the Dusty Pink shade but a tad darker (again catering for different people). I do prefer this one to Dusty Pink though as it seems to be more pink and shimmery which is what I would look for in a blush. I have never used pink highlight before so I would use mine as a blusher instead.


Overall, I really like this palette the colours are great and they are nice and shimmery. They cater for different skin types which is also a big thumbs up too! They did have a sister palette which was cream contouring but I didn't get that one.

I bought this in store from Primark for just £4.00, how cool is that!!


Have you ever tried Primark Makeup? What did you think of it?



Comments