Chrome Nail Powder | Rose Gold Mirror Nails!

Eiiipppp!! I am so excited to write this, I have been after some chrome nail powder for ages. I've seen the pictures on Instagram and Pinterest of all these different chrome nails and I've loved them from day one. They look amazing and match any outfit, I also love how you can get different styles and colours from the different nail polish colours you have.

Today we are going to be attempting a Rose Gold Chrome Nail look! (yes... rose gold... typical Sacha)
I do feel like I should clarify now that this only works with Gel nail polish, not normal ones.

Products:
Sensationail Gel Nail Polish (Shade - Pink Daisy)
Sensationail Gel Base/Top Coat (Shade - Clear Transparent)
Chrome Nail Powder
UV Lamp

The products I've used are very cheap, they didn't cost an arm and a leg. The two sets of Gel Nail Polish were 3.99 each and the Chrome Nail Powders are available from eBay. The UV lamps are easy to get a hold of but it all depends on which brand you want. Some UV lamps are more expensive than others because they do more or are better quality. 


When I first received Gel Nail Polish, I was lost! I didn't have a clue what I was doing and I didn't really understand the difference between Gel Nail Polish and normal Nail polish. I now love gel nail polish, I find it stronger which means it lasts longer, I find they don't run out as quick and I also love how fast they dry under the UV lamp. 


To achieve the Mirror nails I've put together a simple 10 step plan. 
1. Paint nails with gel base coat 
2. Cure Nails with UV light (30 seconds) (Can I also just say how cool this looks :O!!)
3. Paint nails with gel colour 
4. Cure Nails with UV light (30 seconds)
5. Paint nails with gel top coat
6. Cure Nails with UV light (30 seconds)
7. Use a wipe to remove the tacky top layer (this won't remove any nail polish if it has been cured)
8. Rub the Chrome Powder onto the nails using an eyeshadow sponge, until satisfied
9. Paint nails with Top coat & Cure one last time
10. Clean up around the edges

Ta-Da! it's as simple as that!... Yes Really!! I was expecting a really long list of confusing words and about 22 layers of nail polish to achieve the Pinterest/Instagram mirror nails but no this is it!




I don't know how long these chrome nails have been around but they seem to be trending at the moment. I love them! Especially this gorgeous Rose Gold. There are other mirror effects you can do such as silver or gold but these all depend on the base colour you chose. I chose a deep pink because I wanted a Rose Gold but if I wanted just normal Gold I may have tried a beige or brown base colour. 




What do you think about these Chrome Nails? Do you love them? I know I do! Let me know in the comments below. Also if you have images of your Chrome Nails then tag me on Instagram and I'll give them a cheeky like! - @Jamm_xo

Comments