MAC Limited Edition Lipstick - 'Mmmmmm' Review + Swatches


Mmmmmm
One of the MAC lipsticks I bought back in September that I loved was this one called 'Mmmmmm' it's a nice browny pink which I loved!! It's so subtle but still nice and could match any outfit, the name was a tad confusing at first but it has grown on me :) This is a limited edition MAC lipstick last time I checked :) 

Packaging
The outer packaging is the same as a normal MAC Lipstick, it has a matte black box with the shade colour at the right end of the tube. It has the same MAC branding and lipstick information on the back. The actual tube is a regular MAC tube as well, it's a shiny black with a silver band around the middle where the lid connects to the bottom of the tube. The Shade name is located on the bottom of the tube on a normal silver sticker :) Once opened you can see the lipstick itself and the part that you twist to reveal the lipstick properly is the same silver as the band on the tube itself. This also has the regular MAC branding across. 




Shade
The Mmmmmm shade is a nice creamy deep pink with a browny undertone. It's a little darker than I expected at first but I love it!! When faced towards the light it has a nice shimmer too it which I loved! It applies so easily and I feel would go great with a nice pair of jeans and a jumper, perfect for the autumn or winter weather we have coming up :)

Application & Pigmentation

This is an amplified crème finish lipstick, this means it is made with a crème formula that I find is very very pigmented. This lipstick doesn't tug on my lips as I swipe it across and it only takes one swipe to get the colour on which is a great addition as the pigmentation is so good. I find this makes the lipstick last longer as it only takes a little bit to cover the whole of your lips. I find these are great when the weather is cold as it doubles as a moisturiser too another reason for this lipstick to be used in Autumn/winter. 


Longevity
I found this lipstick lasted around 4 hours but I wasn't eating or drinking, when eating I found it to last around 1 hours-ish before I felt like it needed to be replaced as the lipstick just came off my lips after I had eaten a little bit and when drinking I found it was about 3 hours as the lipstick did transfer onto the glass. Without eating or drinking though it was great, it kept my lips moisturised throughout and my lips never dried up, it has a great formula and I never felt like I needed to reapply but I did after 4 hours because the shade had faded a little bit and I wanted to touch up.


Store's and Price's 
You can buy any MAC lipsticks from MAC cosmetics (obviously Sacha!) for £16.50 each, these are located in the September new releases and were a limited edition lipstick so I don't know whether they will still be available now. If you're from the UK; I know House of Fraser sell MAC lipsticks, Debenhams and Selfridges also sell  MAC Lipsticks too, for the same price as MAC themselves.

Overview
This lipstick applies great and the pigmentation is to die for! The shade is an exact replica of what the shade looked like online and on the box too. The shade name was a tad off-putting at first as I didn't know how to pronounce it. One thing I will say is sometimes, I find MAC's packaging to be a little boring, I wish they would jazz up their packaging sometimes as the black tube (don't get me wrong it's nice) but I find it a bit samey which then makes the limited edition lipsticks less special and no different from normal MAC lipsticks (apart from the shade). I do love this lipstick though and I think it will be a hit this Autumn and Winter.

What's your favourite MAC lipstick? Let me know in the comments below!

Comments

Post a Comment