My Top 6 Albums of 2017

2017 was a big year for music, from the return of Ed Sheeran to the return Kesha. There have been a lot of great hits and a lot of replays (from yours truly) here are a few of my personal favourites from this past year.

*The songs with a '<3' by the side is my fave of the album!*


Ed Sheeran - ÷
Released on the 3rd March, Ed Sheeran made a massive comeback by completely taking over the UK chart with some great hits from his third album ÷ (Pronounced Divide). Shape of You was played everywhere from radio to adverts. Castle on the Hill is a touchy song for me, seen as the area I grew up in I have distanced myself from. I no longer see or converse with anyone I knew from there, but this song brings it all back, the bad and the good. Even though the song brings back ill memories it's still one of my favourites on the album as it's very rare that a single song will move me as much as this one did, plus it's got a great catchy tune.

Favourite Songs:
Castle on the Hill <3
Shape of You
Nancy Milligan
Save Myself





Katy Perry - Witness
Katy Perry. How I've missed you. I used to listen to Katy Perry all the time when I was in high school, from I kissed a girl to California Girls :) I stopped listening for a bit but I thought I would give Witness a listen. She released it on June 9th and the first song I listened too was Swish Swish which is my favourite song on the album. I do prefer her old stuff (waits for all Katy Kats to eye roll) but Witness was a good album. I feel like there's a lot of memories and pain? maybe on there for Katy but it seems like the album as a whole is now a closed chapter in her life. Miss you More was an emotional song for me and even lead me to write the blog post 'My Ghost Life' when I first heard it. Save as Draft also goes hand in hand with Miss you more. This song is also a very touchy subject for me as there have been some points in my life where I have left things and friendships when maybe I should have fought a bit more. 

Favourite Songs:
Swish Swish <3
Save as Draft
Miss You More





Kesha - Rainbow
Kesha is the same as Katy really, I listened a lot in my high school days from Tik Tok to We R who we R. Then she had a huge problem with her management?, I'm not too sure what went on really but I know they stopped her from releasing any music. Putting all that in the past she released rainbow on August 11th and I'm so happy she's released it! not only because it means she's free from all the problems she had professionally but also because she came back with a bang! and a message! the songs on this album are incredible especially when you really listen to the lyrics. Learn to Let Go is my favourite on the album as it speaks to me on a personal level but praying, woman and many others on the album all have strong messages. 

Favourite Songs:
Learn to Let Go <3
Finding You
Praying
Woman
B*****ds






Fergie - Double Dutchess
The Dutchess was better. I'm sorry I have to say it, but double dutchess was a great comeback album. She hasn't done an album in 11 years! I used to dance around my bedroom when I was 11 years old to all the songs on Dutchess (except for London Bridge, mum made me skip that one :P). Released on 22nd September; my favourite off of the album is definitely You Already Know, I love the mix of old school with modern on that track, Incredible! I also like how the album as a whole is a visual experience :) I also like the song Life Goes on, as it says in the song, Life goes on With or without you. This lyric really hit home as I have put so many things off this past year that I'm now going to go for in 2018 because life goes on with or without me. 

Favourite Songs:
You Already Know <3
Life Goes On 
A Little Work





Avicii - Avīci
Avicii has always been one of my favourite Dj's. I remember back in my school days (again) when I was 15 dancing and singing to Levels on my school field with a little group of classmates. Ever since then I've listened to every release and own all of his albums. I didn't really like his last album as much as his first few but this release was great. Even though Avīci isn't an album it's an EP I still wanted to include it in my favourite top albums of 2017 as it was released on August 10th.  Without you gave me the same vibes as Fergie's Life goes on (see above) but with people. Some people really don't have your best interests at heart bit they like to pretend that they do, I've wasted so much time on the wrong people it's unreal and I've gotta learn how to move on without them which is what that song is all about.  

Favourite Songs:
Without You <3
Friend of Mine

Avicii - Avīci





Liam Gallagher - As You Were
I was raised on Oasis. Mum says that when she used to put me, as a baby, in my chair and she would have Oasis playing in the 90's, I used to try and look at the stereo to see where the sound was coming from but apparently I only ever used to do this when Oasis were playing. What can I say? He just has a unique voice. Well, 20 years later on 6th October 2017, Liam released this album and I really like it! My favourite song is 'For What It's Worth' which is a really nice song to vibe with as it's very relatable. I also like 'You Better Run' because the beat and the lyrics + Liam's Voice really match. It's proper rock n roll and the album as a whole really flows together nice and matches his personality and voice which is great! Definitely, check this one out! 

Favourite Songs:
For What It's Worth <3
Paper Crown
You Better Run
Wall of Glass



That's it! Those are the 6 albums that I have loved this year. It's crazy how fast time goes sometimes but I'm glad music is here to keep me company whilst time passes :) hehe! Let me know in the comments below what some of your favourite albums were this year and I'll be sure to listen to them :) 










Comments