Top Favourite Albums of 2019

This year has been a bit slow for music (for me anyway) but here are a few of my personal favourites from this past year.

*The songs with a '<3' by the side is my fave of the album!*

David Guetta - 7
I know this was 2018 but I didn't include it in my 2018 top albums so I thought I would include it in 2019. It was released at the end of the year as well so it kind of still counts I guess?
I've listened to David Guetta for as long as I can remember, right from memories and sexy chick. He's always been my go-to DJ as well as Avicii and Afrojack. His album listen didn't vibe with me as well as his others so I was a little apprehensive about this album but I loved it! He also has the queen on there so of course, I was going to love that song regardless!

Favourite Songs:
Don't Leave me Alone
Say my Name
Goodbye
I'm that B*tch
Like I do <3
Motto




Ariana Grande - thank u, next
About time, was my first thought then I heard this album. I really didn't like Sweetener, and then 9 months later we get thank u next. I'm glad she did it, I really wish she would've focused on thank u next and sweetener at the same time and then released a mixture of the 2 but thank u next as the album. This album is very real, the feelings and thoughts that she talks about are what most humans will feel or think at some point in their life which is why it is relatable to most people. I also love the cover art, very simple but effective!

Favourite Songs:
bloodline
fake smile
ghostin'
7 rings
thank u, next
break up with your girlfriend, i'm bored <3



Ashley Tisdale - Symptoms
I was so excited when I saw this album was being released. I was a big fan of Ashley Tisdale in my pre-teen and early teen years. she was my Disney star. I loved her in High School Musical and in The Suite Life, I just thought she was great! She also went into music and I asked my parents if I could have her first album 'Headstrong' when I was around 12 years old. My mum managed to get it me, I don't know how but she got me the CD and I had her on repeat for YEARS! I bet my mum knows every word still! 
She kind of went off the radar for a few years and then I grew up... but then I saw her on Instagram and started following her and then BAM Symptoms... crazy how things happen. This album was released just as I was going away on holiday, so the first time I listened to this album I was sunbathing by a pool, that will forever be engraved in my mind now, but I love the message, it sounds to me like shes been dealing with anxiety and maybe some depression over the years that she's been M.I.A but the way she pulls it all together and creates a little story is incredible! This album needs to be listened from start to finish to really get the full story and feels!

Favourite Songs:
Symptoms
Love me & Let me go
Vibrations <3
Under Pressure
Feeling so Good
Ashley Tisdale - Symptoms

Avicii - Tim
Avicii has always been one of my favourite Dj's. I remember back in my school days (again) when I was 15 dancing and singing to Levels on my school field with a little group of classmates. Ever since then I've listened to every release and own all of his albums. I didn't really like his last album as much as his first one but this release was great. This album is very bittersweet because it has the classic Avicii sound that I love but also as each song passes you know this is the last. We will never hear another Avicii album for the first time again, and that pained me. It is on par with True for me, it was a very very good album and I also loved how his family and friends self-named it because that really hits home whenever I see the album on my iTunes now. I also love what they did with the proceeds for this album, some of the profit from the sales went to suicide prevention which I thought was a really good cause. I'd like to take this moment to say thank you tot he family and the artists who worked to complete this album, it couldn't;t have been an easy task but thank you for finishing it and thanks to the family for allowing it to be released. 

Favourite Songs:
S.O.S
Bad Reputation
Ain't a Thing
Freak
Excuse me Mr. Sir
Fades Away <3



Avicii - TIM

That's it! Those are the 4 albums that I have loved this year. A lot of heartaches now I'm looking at this blog post as a whole! haha! Let me know in the comments below what some of your favourite albums were this year and I'll be sure to listen to them :) 




Comments