Ranking EVERY Lady Gaga Album!

A few weeks ago I did a blog post and a video reviewing Lady Gaga's new album Chromatica. I loved that album so much, but whilst I was writing the blog post I thought I should do an album ranking to show where her albums stand for me, and which ones I like best!

So that's what this blog post is :) -

(if you'd prefer to watch rather than read)

Joanne (5th Album)
2016

7. Joanne

Joanne was the worst album from Lady Gaga (according to me). I was very excited when she first announced she was starting a new era and released Perfect Illusion. I thought we were going to get a rock ... Avril Lavigne kinda vibes era... but nope, when Joanne released it was country! I listened to it twice, once for the first time and once just to make sure... no thank you!   

Born This Way (2nd Album)
2011


6. Born This Way

Now, before we get into this, when I say I think Born this Way was 'meh' I don't mean the message of the album. I understand the message that this album has and I just want people to know that THAT has nothing to do with my opinion... I'm not homophobic, is what I'm trying to say. For me, it was just the sound of the album, I just didn't seem to vibe with it, there are a few good songs like Government hooker, Hair and Marry the Night but everything else was just a bit ... meh for me, and compared to Lady Gaga's other albums, it just didn't compare for me. I totally understand that I am in no way the target audience for this album so maybe that's why.

Cheek to Cheek (4th Album)
2014

5. Cheek to Cheek (with Tony Bennet)

Cheek to Cheek was an experimental phase for me. It's very different from any of Lady Gaga's albums, even now. Usually experimental phases that artists have flop, but Lady Gaga smashed the Jazz scene tbh. As a Jazz album, it's very very good and Gaga has some great vocals for that scene. If she ever wanted to retire from Pop, Jazz is the way to go!

The Fame Monster (E.P)
2009


4. The Fame Monster

I didn't know that this was an E.P, but I'll include it because I've always thought ir was an album so here she is! The fame Monster for me was a good album, but it didn't compare to 'The Fame'. I liked Bad Romance, Telephone, Dance in the Dark and even Alejandro, but compared to 'The Fame', it didn't match up so I had to put it just underneath.

The Fame (1st Album)
2008

3. The Fame

For a first album, this was a Banger! Just Dance, Poker Face, Paparazzi (am I ringing a few bells now). I also loved Boys, Boys, Boys, Summer Boy, Money Honey, Beautiful, Dirty, Rich... this album was hit after hit after hit. The only song I don't really like off this album is the title track 'The Fame' but the rest are all bangers! absolutely loved it! and it blows me away that this was her first proper album!

Artpop (3rd Album)
2013

2. Artpop

oh dear! The controversies around this album online are unreal! Everyone seems to hate it! even around that time, it wasn't 'everywhere' like Lady Gaga's other albums, but I loved it (unfortunately since Chromatica's been around Artpop has been dethroned for me) it was my favourite album by Gaga! I loved Venus, G.U.Y, Swine, Donatella, Gypsy... Applause was pretty dope too. I also loved Princess High, which I'm not sure whether is actually on the album but I thought I'd mention that too as it was around this time that was released. Yeah, this was my favourite Gaga album and I can't believe that people online seem to hate it so much! 

Chromatica (6th Album)
2020

1. Chromatica

Lady Gaga's best album (to date) in my opinion! The storytelling that goes on, along with the transitions, the message, the pain and healing that you can feel inside the album is incredible! It really takes you on a full journey from start to finish. Hats off to Gaga for this masterpiece. If you want to know my full thoughts on Chromatica then you can check out my full review here.


So that's it! I think Lady Gaga is an amazing Artist and she has some great albums under her belt but these are where I would place them in a tiered list. I didn't include A Star is Born, as I viewed that as more of a movie album than a Lady Gaga solo album if that makes sense. So if you were wondering why A Star is Born isn't here, that's why :)

I also have a YouTube video where I tiered all the albums, and I go into a little bit more detail so if you're interested in that then check out the channel!

Thanks for reading :) I really appreciate it! 



Comments