Top 1% Nicki Minaj Listener - My Favourite Music of 2021 (Spotify Wrapped)

 


I normally do a 'my favourite albums of...' blog post each year. I usually spend most of December writing it, finding all the artwork for each album and really thinking about the points I'd like to make, or meditating on why this album spoke to me so much. However, Spotify do a Spotify Wrapped each year to 'wrap up' your year in music, so I thought it was a perfect way to really see what I listened to the most throughout the year.

I never really used Spotify religiously until this year. I've always stuck with iTunes as it's easier for me and most of my music is offline for me to listen to whenever. However, my music was taking up a lot of memory on my laptop so I decided to make the switch and try out Spotify. I still kept all my music on iTunes just in case I didn't like it but after using it this year I really like it and will probably to continue to use it for many years into the future. 


Anywayyyy onto the good stuff....


My top song of 2021 was Friday (Dopamine Re-Edit) by Riton & Nightcrawlers. This was a surprise for me tbh, I didn't think I played this song that many times, but I played it 33 whole times. I only just discovered this song this year. Someone had filmed a pigeon dancing and the song that was playing was this one, so I Shazam'ed it and added it to my Spotify, guess I loved it more than I realised! haha!!

My 2nd top song of 2021 was Better by Talia Mar. I started watching some of Talia's Twitch Streams during covid, I never really had the time before to really sit down and watch streams or other peoples videos (except for the favourites of course) but during Covid I had so much time. She was one of the people who I started to watch and she has kind of become my comfort streamer now, I've never met her before but she seems really sweet and nice ... good vibes!! So I checked out her music (of course) Safe to say I really liked Better & I also really liked Selfish as that was my 4th top song of 2021. 

My 3rd & 5th top songs of 2021 were Love Tonight & The Death of EDM both from David Guetta. He's just the best DJ to grace this planet... need I say more.

My top artist of 2021 was the Queen Nicki Minaj. This was no shock, I listen to Nicki everyday. I was in the top 1% of her listeners and my top song from her was Fractions for this year. I missed Nicki! even though I listen to her repeatedly it's always nice when an artist brings new music out. We hadn't had anything fresh and 'only Nicki' since Queen, so Fractions & Seeing Green were definitely going to be on repeat. Top 1% thoughhhh 

My 2nd top artist was David Guetta, again, I always think he'll be in the top 5. I've listened to David for over a decade and still love all his new releases. My 3rd was Talia Mar! I think I may have played Better & Selfish to death this year but she definitely deserves it and I'm excited to see what she brings out in the future! My 4th top artist was Lady Gaga. This does not surprise me either, I loved Chromatica and have had that playing quite frequently. Plus all her classics are just bangers so yeah I can see why she's up here. The 5th one surprised me though, my 5th artist was actually Ed Sheeran. I've never really been into Ed Sheeran, I liked his Divide album but other than that I'm not a fan. Which is why it surprised me to see him in my top 5. I did listen to Equals from start to finish so maybe that's why. 

I like the Spotify Wrapped. It's nice to look back and see what I've been binge listening to throughout the year. I've only started using Spotify in the later part of 2021 so I can't wait to see what next year brings when I will be using Spotify from the very beginning of the year. 


Thank you!!

💎 My Links 💎


Comments